Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado point only?

Coopsdaddy

I’m wanting to just buy a point for cow moose this year and try to draw in a another year or two,explain to me how that works.This is the first time so I don’t want to screw up.
Thanks

If you are a non-resident you'll have to purchase a non-resident annual hunting license in Colorado to be eligible to apply. Then when you get to your moose application, the code will be M-P-999-99-P and you'll have to pay $100 for a moose point. That code will apply you for point only.

I’m wanting to just buy a point for cow moose this year and try to draw in a another year or two,explain to me how that works.This is the first time so I don’t want to screw up.
Thanks
This one is definitely not worth it for a non resident. Been applying for 20 years as a resident and have "max" moose points with no joy.

I think he is specifically asking about cow tags.

But even as a non-resident, applying in Colorado for moose is something to consider. With a weighted point system, there's always hope, versus a straight preference point system like Wyoming (outside the random draw allocation). There were at least three non-resident hunters who drew Colorado bull moose tags with 3+5. Now once you get to about 3+10 is it worth the extra $1000 to eventually get to 3+20 and only increase your odds about 1%, probably not.

Nonres cow tags are very much obtainable. I see some Wyoming cow tags going for 10 points or more

This one is definitely not worth it for a non resident. Been applying for 20 years as a resident and have "max" moose points with no joy.
Actually they are obtainable.... not many NR wants to pay +$2000 to shoot something without horns.
A couple of years ago I was one of three out of six applicants to not draw a second choice cow.
So 50% of those second choice applicants were successful.
I still hold on to the dream maybe my number will come up but I also still put cow for second choice when budget and schedule allow.

I think if a hunter wanted to draw a cow as a NR they could do it with LESS points than a Resident.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back