MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado OTC Public Land 5x5

Colorado

Cell phone video of a Colorado OTC public land bull.

[video=youtube_share;HmTCBRApP2E]https://youtu.be/HmTCBRApP2E[/video]

I did a lot of e-scouting and a some boots on the ground scouting for my brother and his friend for our first ever elk hunt (since I'm the only one of the three who lives in CO). I haven't archery hunted since high school, and that was for whitetail in Kentucky, so I didn't have a tag and was just along for the mountain adventure. Our second day in, we were setting up camp in a new location. They went down to get water as I was setting up camp a bit when this guy dropped by to see what I was doing. My apologies for the heavy breathing. I was in a mild state of shock to have a bull like this drop in at 25 yards. This happened during the last week of archery season.

Big shout out to Randy for the E-Scouting series and Elk Talk podcast. We didn't end up sealing the deal on this trip. But we did find some elk and had a great time. I'm hoping the same research pays off for second rifle season when I'll have a tag and the ability to do something about it.

Apologies if this posts twice. I initially posted to the wrong forum area and when I submitted a new thread it didn't show up.

Back