Colorado OTC Archery Elk Partner

JaredMoon

Hey! So after several unsuccessful solo western hunts (CA Deer, Oregon - Elk 2018, Colorado Elk - 2019, Idaho - Spring Bear 2019), I'm looking to see if I can meet up with someone who has similar ethics and hunting styles for Colorado this year. I will be in Colorado from roughly 8SEP to 20Sep (not a great moon, but an Alaskan Caribou hunt on the front end and a family members wedding on the back end have me fenced in).

I'm an Army officer station in Kansas City so I will have my truck (2014 Supercrew Raptor - can handle some pretty rough trails) carrying all of "my" or "our" gear so we would have access to mobility. Generally speaking I usually hunt pretty deep in wilderness areas but am not hesitant to change the areas I have already identified if my partner(s) have a line on a good area or more experience. Not to sound arrogant, but I'm in pretty good shape and can handle some long/steep hikes and would hope my partner could do the same if needed (but don't let that disqualify you, we still have time to get in shape haha).

Please drop me a line if you are interested and we can start a dialogue - bonus points if you're a resident and you can teach me how to kill one of these forest horses haha.

Thanks!
Jared

You're looking on the right forum! Good luck on breaking the unsuccessful streak!

Hi JaredMoon - I'm new to the forum, but not to hunting, registered because I'm looking for an OTC CO archery elk partner for this year. Went solo last year and almost got it done on a nice bull, but decided I'd attempt to find a partner for this year. I live here in CO, very familiar with the OTC area I hunt, curious to learn more about where you plan to hunt this year...

Hey! So after several unsuccessful solo western hunts (CA Deer, Oregon - Elk 2018, Colorado Elk - 2019, Idaho - Spring Bear 2019), I'm looking to see if I can meet up with someone who has similar ethics and hunting styles for Colorado this year. I will be in Colorado from roughly 8SEP to 20Sep (not a great moon, but an Alaskan Caribou hunt on the front end and a family members wedding on the back end have me fenced in).

I'm an Army officer station in Kansas City so I will have my truck (2014 Supercrew Raptor - can handle some pretty rough trails) carrying all of "my" or "our" gear so we would have access to mobility. Generally speaking I usually hunt pretty deep in wilderness areas but am not hesitant to change the areas I have already identified if my partner(s) have a line on a good area or more experience. Not to sound arrogant, but I'm in pretty good shape and can handle some long/steep hikes and would hope my partner could do the same if needed (but don't let that disqualify you, we still have time to get in shape haha).

Please drop me a line if you are interested and we can start a dialogue - bonus points if you're a resident and you can teach me how to kill one of these forest horses haha.

Thanks!
Jared
Hey BenClimbing, I sent you a DM.

Thanks!
Jared

Thanks!
Jared

Thanks!
Jared
Hay Jared I’ve been to Colorado twice hunting mule deer and elk hunting was planing on going this year but I have the same problem you have no one to go.Would like to hike in and camp wherever we find elk.The last time I went I walk 45 miles in 5 days and can go anytime.

Hey Jared (everyone)- I am getting my OTC tag as well Elk/Mule and my wife would feel much better if I had some friends to go with. (most of mine have limited tags :( ) so I would like to team up with anyone willing to take a noob on their first archery hunt ( have rifle exp). I am in general Denver area, have equipment and a great truck.

Hey Jared (everyone)- I am getting my OTC tag...

I'd hardly call myself experienced haha just stupid enough to dive face first into some deep backcountry hunts alone (over confidence from military services helps greatly with that haha). I'll be coming off an Alaska caribou hunt via Kansas. When are you looking to go? I'll be hunting Colorado 22 Sep until the end of season.

i could make many of those days work. I need to be home on the 28th, but am open

Thanks!
Jared
Wondering if you ever found a partner? I have been looking for one as well for my archery elk hunt. I am currently planning on spending the month of Sept. in Colorado, probably GMU 75/751, although I could change.

Wondering if you ever found a partner? I have been looking for one as well for my archery elk hunt. I am currently planning on spending the month of Sept. in Colorado, probably GMU 75/751, although I could change.

I believe I did but things can always change and it's always good to know more people! Send me a DM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back