Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Mule Deer Youth Hunt looking for some information

WinkB

Good morning,
I was thinking of getting an over the counter Mule deer tag for my daughter, and I am a little lost looking on the Colorado website. We are not residents of the state and I have not hunted in Colorado before.

I am wondering thoughts on units or places to hunt in Colorado this year. We are not looking to do any trophy hunting, just looking to have a good time and provide her with an opportunity at game. We are fully self sufficient and most likely would like to utilize a base camp and make day trips from there. We do have access to ATVs if required. Due to injuring myself earlier this year I will not be up for long day hikes. About 4-6 miles a day is about all I can do right now. We would be good with shot opportunities out to about 400 yards max on game in good conditions.

If anyone has any insight or can provide me with any guidance I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,

Thank you for the information. We had put in for MT and WY antelope Elk tags this year and we didn't get drawn for any of those. We were also planning on taking a buddies kid along as well as a new first time hunter but he was not drawn for Antelope either. Maybe next year.

We do have opportunity to hunt at home in WI for deer, so I was hoping for something a little different and was hoping for a mule deer buck tag. I will have to see what I could potentially do for a cow youth elk tag.

I will have to get my act together and plan a little better for next year.

Thank you for the information. We had put in for MT and WY antelope Elk tags this year and we didn't get drawn for any of those. We were also planning on taking a buddies kid along as well as a new first time hunter but he was not drawn for Antelope either. Maybe next year.

We do have opportunity to hunt at home in WI for deer, so I was hoping for something a little different and was hoping for a mule deer buck tag. I will have to see what I could potentially do for a cow youth elk tag.

I will have to get my act together and plan a little better for next year.
I know this is way late but you should check out Nebraska they have mule deer tags and non resident youth pay the same as resident youth!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back