PEAX Equipment

Colorado GMU 54 Gunnison

JustPuddles

Hello all!

I have drawn my first elk tag (Bull) for the first Colorado rifle season in GMU 54. I have seen that apparently 724 to rainbow lake is one of the most popular entrances. I have done some scouting around the area and plan to scout areas near the Baldies as well as up to Storm Pass. I have also thought about checking out parts of Soap Creek as well. I’ve seen some people discuss this GMU for Archery and later rifle seasons. I have seen through different research that unless there is a decent sized snow the elk will be in the high country. Curious to hear if many people are seen back that far. Any advice at all would be wonderful. Thanks!

I’ve hunted 54 soap creek for a few years. Mostly 4th season.
An outfitter started up there a couple years ago and it’s changed the game a bit. But Pm me and I can give some info so you can weigh options

I've hunted that unit a couple times and have a first rifle bull tag this year also. There are some fine bulls to be had for sure. My advice is obviously to get away from roads but don't think you have to hike 10 miles in to find elk. There are plenty of pockets and hidey holes that are closer than you may think. If you see good bull, be sure to get in touch with me before you shoot....

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back