MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado GMU 45

bigamehunter

I am inspired by all the "On Your Own Adventure" shows. This year will be my first year of big game hunting in the west for elk. I have been dreaming of doing a hunt like this for several years now and finally this will be the year! My buddy and I purchased a couple of left over licenses for GMU 45 for the 4th season. I know I'm kind of going about this ass backward since people tend to get to know the area before they apply/get a license for the unit but in my case that was not an option.

I have both the white river forest map and the BLM topo maps on the way. Would anyone out there have some words of wisdom on how to have a successful hunt? What area(s) would a guy want to focus on in that GMU for the 4th season? Holy Cross Wilderness? We are both willing to work our butt off for a successful hunt. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any specific experience in that unit. But, in general, it's a high elevation unit. If we get a lot of winter weather prior to 4th season,many of the elk will be moving from the higher elevations to the lower. The north end of the unit is the low end, so concentrate your efforts according to the weather conditions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back