Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado GMU 17 Early Rifle

Whiskey Freak

I drew this early rifle Colorado tag(Sept 29-Oct 7). I can't find a whole lot regarding populations and densities. I'm curious what expectations I should have for this hunt. I'll be backpacking, I'm not really worried about getting a deer. It will be my first solo backpack hunt.

I drew this early rifle Colorado tag(Sept 29-Oct 7). I can't find a whole lot regarding populations and densities. I'm curious what expectations I should have for this hunt. I'll be backpacking, I'm not really worried about getting a deer. It will be my first solo backpack hunt.
I drew 17 first year they had early. There is 2 section 17, you can access one for Hwy 14 or Hwy 125. You can go north Hwy 40 from Kremmling and there is access rd from 40 thru unit 181 over Continental Divide and your in 17 and that rd is one you take off Hwy 14.

Only thing I didn't like was Oct 1 is Moose rifle season and lot of moose unit 17. I seen 2 good bucks and got one last day.

I drew 17 first year they had early. There is 2 section 17, you can access one for Hwy 14 or Hwy 125. You can go north Hwy 40 from Kremmling and there is access rd from 40 thru unit 181 over Continental Divide and your in 17 and that rd is one you take off Hwy 14.

Only thing I didn't like was Oct 1 is Moose rifle season and lot of moose unit 17. I seen 2 good bucks and got one last day.
Thank you. PM sent.

Welcome to Hunt Talk.
There are some really nice bucks in that unit. I’m sure you’ll have fun!
Check out Ivory and Antler outfitters to see the best bucks. That’s one of the main units they outfit in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back