Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado doe unit 27, second rifle

TJack

I got a leftover doe tag for units 27 and 181 for second season. I was told 27 would be a better option during second season, so I'm planning on going there. Anyone have any experience hunting there? I know it's a pretty populated area during hunting season I was hoping the fact I have a 4wd vehicle might get me away from some of the crowds and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not looking for your buck honey holes or anything like that, but being my first season hunting I'd love to get a doe for the freezer. Any help is appreciated!

Hey TJack,

I picked up one of these tags as well, but I am concentrating on GMU 181, partly because I picked up a cow tag that's only good for 181, but also because GMU 27 has much more private land than 181. I haven't hunted 181 before, but from what I can tell from maps and google earth there's a lot of BLM land, and a lot of roads. So, naturally, I'm looking for the spots with the least roads and most amount of area away from roads. Instinct says putting some boot tracks down will increase odds dramatically, especially in an area with a lot of roads.

Just my hunch. We'll see if anyone with real experience up there chimes in.

Best wishes. Let's both bring some meat home!

--Dana

Thanks for the rrsponse! I'm definitely planning on quite a bit of hiking to get away from the crowds too. I'm planning on going up here in the next couple weekends to do some scouting as well. Hope you have a safe and successful hunt!

Back