Caribou Gear

Colorado Backdoor 2019?

npaden

Sheep and Goat results are supposed to be out tomorrow. I've been dinking around the website and haven't figured anyway to see if there are licenses in my cart or anything. I'm still showing all my old preference points without anything new added yet.

I thought last year the backdoor went away but searching the interwebs some people seemed to indicate that they lost their preference points a day or two before results were posted and sure enough they drew that year.

My odds are .4% for sheep and 2.8% for mountain goat so I'm not expecting to draw, but it is always like waiting for Christmas morning when the draws are posting.

Anyone have anything figured out so I can put my expectations to rest and move on to waiting for Wyoming to post their results next week?

i have two pending transactions...sadly for $50 each. does not look like “good” news to me. anybody seeing a full tag purchase pending authorization?

Interesting,
I have no hits to my accounts or any change on CPW website.
Hopefully some news today!
And they better not wait til Monday?

They would not fail to post on the day the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Banquet kicks off...

Did you look at pending authorization or just completed transactions. would only show up in the former at this point.

i have two pending transactions...sadly for $50 each. does not look like “good” news to me. anybody seeing a full tag purchase pending authorization?

I put my wife and I in for sheep and then just a pref point for goats for myself. I got a cc hit for $50... I assume that means that they ran ccs for the preference points and haven't run the actual draw.

Last edited:
I put my wife and I in for sheep and then just a pref point for goats for myself. I got a cc hit for $50... I assume that means that the ran ccs for the preference points and haven't run the actual draw.

maybe it mean you drew two sheep tags and got your goat point! Gotta dream big....

Unfortunately, I have the same as Khunter. Disappointing!!

well if you aren't kidding around you are having a stellar day.

Yeah, not kidding around at all. Super pumped. Now... what is it? Probably nanny mountain goat. Bull moose and sheep seem extremely unlikely. But I applied in G12 for that nanny tag, and I'd consider cutting off my left arm for the chance at a week in the Bells with any kind of goat tag in my pocket. We shall see...

moose wont be today so goat or sheep...

No preference point charges? if you did pref point purchase option for both I would GUESS it is sheep tag with goat to come today after sheep as well...just a guess as I think they do sheep then goat. good luck!

Yeah, not kidding around at all. Super pumped. Now... what is it? Probably nanny mountain goat. Bull moose and sheep seem extremely unlikely. But I applied in G12 for that nanny tag, and I'd consider cutting off my left arm for the chance at a week in the Bells with any kind of goat tag in my pocket. We shall see...
Congrats!!!!! I put in for that too.....out of curiousity, what was your point spread. I was only at 3-3 after a wait period.

Nanny hunt is no less challenging than a billy hunt as they are in the same terrain. I would say in CO the nanny hunt is a bit more challenging as you just can't dump a goat like you can with the any sex tag. Most of the sheep guys prefer you take a nanny goat with the any sex tag.

Congrats!!!!! I put in for that too.....out of curiousity, what was your point spread. I was only at 3-3 after a wait period.

I was at 3&2 for goat, 3&9 for sheep. Still no word yet. Gonna be a long day :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back