MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado archery.....and hunter orange.

Eyeguy

We are going out this weekend for our annual colorado elk hunt. My friend asked a question that I don't know the answer to as I have not been in this situation before. So....we are archery hunting but it will be during the end of the Muzzle loader season. My question. In colorado....do we need to wear hunter orange during these 2 days as muzzle loader is going on even though we will be archery hunting? Every state is different so just making sure we don't break any rules. Good hunting everyone.
Steve

You don't need orange if you're only carrying a bow. If someone has a muzzleloader tag as well as an archery tag, then they have to wear orange if they're carrying a firearm during archery. But, for only archery you don't need orange.

You don't need orange if you're only carrying a bow. If someone has a muzzleloader tag as well as an archery tag, then they have to wear orange if they're carrying a firearm during archery. But, for only archery you don't need orange.
\

Thanks John! Great explanation.

Eyeguy we archery hunter during Muzzleloader season and though it wasn't required I carried a hat in my pack walking out midday and at times I felt I wanted to be seen just for safety figured I could stuff it in my pack when I wanted.

Eyeguy we archery hunter during Muzzleloader season and though it wasn't required I carried a hat in my pack walking out midday and at times I felt I wanted to be seen just for safety figured I could stuff it in my pack when I wanted.

This is what we did past year while archery hunting during muzzleloader season.

I wear an orange hat anytime I'm out and there is firearm hunting. It's easy to take off during a stalk if needed. Last year I wore it the whole week I archery hunted. Partly because I forgot another hat and partly because I ran into a muzzy hunter out of season in the same dense aspen and oak thickets I was in.

Back