Colorado Antelope Buck from Last Year

chuckchili

I thought I'd finally post up our pronghorn hunt from last October. This hunt took place in unit 124 in southern Colorado which is mostly all private land. Friends of mine fortunately know a family that has a large plot of land down there and this was my third trip down there. Two years ago I took my 10 year old son, this last year it was my 11 year old step-daughter's turn. The story behind this hunt isn't that great... I was just glassing and noticed this buck stick his head up from behind a hill. I thought that if he comes over the top of the hill, I'll try to take him. Well he walked up on top of the hill and kept staring at me. I just waited behind my rifle and he turned, giving me a very nice broadside shot at 285 yards. He ran about 30 yards and dropped. His horns were pretty tall but tattered, his prong was broken off from the right horn and severely worn on the left side. Used my Remington 700 BDL in 300WM with Winchester Super X 180gr.

Attachments

• Pronghorn 2019_LI (2).jpg
    Pronghorn 2019_LI (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
way to go. Congratulations and thanks for sharing

Friends of friendly land owners are special. A wise man continues to cultivate that friendship.

Family hunting together is awesome. Congratulations

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back