Colorado Alpine Buck Hunting

BuckRut

Pretty much made my mind up I am heading for CO for an alpine archery deer hunt next year. Anyone have any advice or pointers? I also have a ton of questions for anyone with experience and time to chat so PM me if you think you can help out too. I'll put my biggest questions out here for the masses. How alpine does it have to be to get in on deer (no trees on half the mountain or are areas where just the peaks are above treeline good too)? For CO should I just expect hiking trails to see almost as much traffic as the roads?

For CO should I just expect hiking trails to see almost as much traffic as the roads?

with this, it really depends on where you go.

some hiking trails in september, even in the alpine, can have constant, daily, steady streams of backpackers, day hikers, and dogs amongst each group. some places will be largely devoid of other users. a search of your hopeful trail on the internet can give you an idea of recreational crowding. if it was featured in backpacker magazine don't bother.

that said, those groups tend to stick to trails and not far off them. so, think about where the deer want to go when the trail is busy, sometimes it may not be as far as you think.

Shoot me a PM
Would love to help you out.
Unable to message you as I am new too the forum.
Looking forward to talking with you.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back