Colorado 76 first rifle here I come

I didn't notice that either. Toprut has the correct information as well, I just wasn't looking at it correctly since I was looking at it for a nonresident as well.

I'm actually getting close to being able to draw 3rd rifle with my 10 points and am debating whether to apply this year or not as well.
I have scouted and hunted this unit (Archery). One of the main reasons this is not a true "trophy" unit is because the elk that summer here migrate to adjacent units when it snows (And they get killed during rifle seasons). If you have a snowless fall, you might have a descent 3rd season rifle. If it snows, (And when much of the unit is above 9K, it will likely snow), the elk will follow their traditional migration patterns.

Like those of you who have spent time in 76, I struggle to see the reason for its high point value. The elevations are tough and most of it is wilderness. I wouldn't touch it unless I had horses or pack llamas. I've been there three times in the summer and never saw elk, but did see plenty of moose and deer.

My statement sounds like I'm venting, but I am curious from those who were successful to indicate what the pull is. Did you have horses or pack llamas, was your hunt guided?

If the pull is for the sheer beauty, then go hiking in the summer for the sake of hiking. There are other much lower point-value hunts in CO that have similar beauty, are located in wilderness areas, and have decent harvest rates.

Back