Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado - 5-year Big Game Season Structure

Am I the only one surprised by the number of people complaining about non-residents in OTC archery seasons? Everytime I see one of them, I thank them for paying the bills for me. Something like 50%(?) of CPW's budget comes from non-res elk tags. Now, if the people complaining about "too many non-residents" are saying, "Please increase resident fees by 600% to make up the lost revenues" then fine, but I seriously doubt anyone is saying that.

Am I the only one surprised by the number of people complaining about non-residents in OTC archery seasons? Everytime I see one of them, I thank them for paying the bills for me. Something like 50%(?) of CPW's budget comes from non-res elk tags. Now, if the people complaining about "too many non-residents" are saying, "Please increase resident fees by 600% to make up the lost revenues" then fine, but I seriously doubt anyone is saying that.

I'm saying that... but yeah fair point.

I have suggested increasing CO resident big game fees for decades. My logic is in the direction of COEngineer's, license $ = influence in game management decisions. CO voters have declined to raise resident license fees almost every time it has been on the ballot for a variety of reasons, principally entitlement. Other popular reasons include disagreement w CPW budgeting and policies. The result is that CO is the Kmart of western big game hunting, where blue light specials include unlimited OTC elk crowds, CWD, a labyrinthine limited license process and unattainable point creep.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back