Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado 2nd Draw?

Hi, when you say they sold all but a couple hundred of those first rifle flat tops tags do you mean by the time the season started 10/10/20? or just through the leftover draw last year?
Update - As @TOGIE just pointed out on the other thread and jogged my memory of this one - all 5000 of the 1st Rifle Flat Tops bull tags have (currently) been sold.

Update - As @TOGIE just pointed out on the other thread and jogged my memory of this one - all 5000 of the 1st Rifle Flat Tops bull tags have (currently) been sold.

and as i seem to recall there indeed usually are a handful at the start of the season, and 1000+ starting on leftover day that slowly dwindle down to that handful.

in a few years you may have to hope for 50/50 odds in the secondary draw on that tag at this rate. sheesh.

Yeah I watched the current tags page go down to zero sometime around 1030am. There were over 400 at the start of the day. Oh well we still have our unit 21-32 tags. It’s just that where I scouted burned. It’s why I sent in an exchange application for the flat tops

Any idea on when the left over/ turned in tags for the second draw will be posted for CO this year?

That's actually great!! My son is 15 and really taking up archery. I plan to hunt OTC as a 2nd year resident and continue to get points but I would love to get the boy on some critters this year!

My son is 14 and we have struck out on all our draws so far this year. We have fingers crossed for AZ deer but we are looking forward to this draw for him. If nothing else works out…we are going to buy a tag.

Good luck! That's actually why I found this forum. My son drew Unit 4 for archery elk so, once I am allowed to create a post, I may be able to get some information about the area. We are actually headed up this weekend for Fathers Day to scout it out a bit. I spend most of my time in OTC units because that is where I have relegated myself to hunt for now. I would like to get better at the mountain hunting before I waste a point or chance to hunt a good location. With my son being a youth he had 80% chance at that unit with 0 points so he went for it. My daughter drew Both deer and elk for one of the rifle seasons. Now just trying to figure out how to fill the rest of hunting season with a reason to be in the woods.

they gotta wait for the deadline for payment to finalize the list. so the 20th is a real possibility for the finalized list.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back