Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado 2nd Draw?

They have youth tags. How about old fart tags? Throw us a bone we've paid in all our life and most of us are trying to live on a SS check.

I'd even take a doe tag if they let me have one every year. I'll pay for it. I just want a tag so I know i can hunt something. Too old to miss a year of hunting. Every year could be the last one.

I was waiting for a new rod coming by Fedex. I wanted to test it today. I see there's still no list and of course the rod didn't come yet either.

I don't have two weeks to wait. I have a gun up for sale with some guys interested. I want to see if I have a chance at an elk tag before selling the gun.

I pretty much have reasons for whatever I do. Even though others can't see it.

If you're in a time crunch, just go to this link: https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/Statistics-Elk.aspx , click on the 2021 draw recap report, and you can see how many are leftover from each hunt code. Those reports have been posted for weeks.

It won't have the reissues (which id assume is whats causing the delay), but you can't count on drawing those anyway.

There's no tags available for the units I hunt. I'm hoping for turned in tags. I looked a long time ago.

I could have got an elk tag so easy in the draw but I didn't know my buddy would be available to help me with the meat. I can't do elk alone anymore.

See this is why I hate that CO does refunds.

I didn't draw my deer tag, now there are 13 tags on the secondary draw list. 🤦‍♂️
What's good though is we can get tags in the 2nd draw that we didn't have enough points for in the 1st draw.

Someone who's a gambler would skip the 1st draw and go for the 2nd draw. No points needed or used.

More than likely 13 didn't pay. And now you have a second chance!
Yes, that's probably more likely. I think if we dropped the refund, people would apply my judiciously and odds would improve. People just throw apps randomly at CO, it feels, and then there is this giant reshuffle of tags.

What's good though is we can get tags in the 2nd draw that we didn't have enough points for in the 1st draw.

Someone who's a gambler would skip the 1st draw and go for the 2nd draw. No points needed or used.
That doesn't fit my narrative so I refuse to acknowledge it. Don't stop a man in the middle of a good grumpy rant with fact based optimism.

Anyone know second draw process? 4 choices (how prioritized), r/nr% etc. , i know youth first, no points but format isnt anywhere i can see. I think is just a free for all?..lol

Last edited:
Anyone know second draw process? 4 choices (how prioritized), r/nr% etc. , i know youth first, no points but format isnt anywhere i can see. I think is just a free for all?..lol
I just looked at the list and was going to post this same question. I’m guessing after your first pick the only way you will get a tag is if they are still leftover. Everything I’m looking at was tags that were drew and not paid for.

I just looked at the list and was going to post this same question. I’m guessing after your first pick the only way you will get a tag is if they are still leftover. Everything I’m looking at was tags that were drew and not paid for.
I’m guessing the only way you get a tag is if you put your teenager in for it 🤦‍♂️ 4pt res/8pt NR tags going to youth first.

WTF

Back