Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado 2013

Sounds like an exciting outing and thanks for the photos. Even though you don't have any elk steaks in the freezer, you have plenty of memories and more first hand knowledge of the area. Are you going back next year?

Fun times. Very familiar country.

We don't pick up sheds in CO (apparently).

Sounds like a good trip even with the lack of elk.

To me, that looks more like deer country, but I've seen elk in some wierd places.

to bad about the lack of elk. We ran into the same problem but were lucky enough to take down 2 bulls the day before we left for home.Plenty of shooter bucks but no buck tags. The thing about all the sheds you guys found tells me that you guys were in some country that not to many folks hunted in. Also tells me that the elk are in there.

Looks like a great trip guys and plenty of sheds is always fun to encounter.

Pity you didn't get another look at the big bull, maybe next time.

Thanks for the comments guys! My trips without getting an elk will only make it sweeter when it does work out!

elkrchr, I probably won't be going back next year. Most likely will be going to Wyoming for pronghorn. Promised my uncle I would take him :)

Oak, thank you for not picking up the sheds. :) It made for a lot of excitement for us!

Ridge Runner, I wasn't shooting anything haha, but I was carrying around a 300 Weatherby Magnum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back