Colorado 191 Deer

lpshunter29

I've got a late season doe tag for Colorado units 19, 191, & 9 which pretty much means just 191 for me at this point. My plan was to still hunt around pingeree park but that won't work given the fire situation.

I'm not trying to steal anyone's spot but do you have any advice for 191? Should I hunt/scout around the Canyon, lower Cherokee, middle Cherokee? I'm hunting muley does so quality is not of concern.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

For those who may be reading this in the future:
The hunt is very fun. A lot more work than I thought it would be but I loved every minute save for when my boots tore open right after a snow storm so my feet got wet and proceeded not to see a deer all day. You're going to have to work for it. It's harder to find them up north and harder to actually kill them in the canyon. Keep a wide eye and cover ground, not many places you can see a long ways. They'll be herded up so the likelyhood you'll glass one is way lower. Saw lots more sheep than deer.
Fyi, do not do what I've done here in asking for advice right after joining. It is not appreciated.20201218_090840.jpg

following up means you're more likely to get help in the future

fwiw i never saw this post, otherwise i would've at least told you not to hunt a late season doe tag around pingree park, fires nothwithstadning that is - too high, too timbery (or it was too timbery).

congrats on the deer

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back