Penn State at Ohio State
Missouri at Oregon

Round 2:
Mizz/Ore winner at Michigan
PSU/OSU winner at Washington
Ole Miss/Geo winner at Texas
OK/FSU winner at Alabama

etc

Nobody loses sleep over LSU, Lousiana, Arizona, Notre Dame, Iowa or Liberty not making it into the 12.

Maybe the common parlance should no be longer be Power Five (soon to be Power Four) and instead Power Two. In the near future with Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC and Washington, Oregon, and USC going to the Big Ten, no other conference will really matter. Especially in the CFP committeeā€™s eyes. The future of college football is pretty lame and ultimately my prior facetious post about a three game conference season followed by a mega tourney open to all D1 teams isnā€™t as far fetched as it sounds.

Last edited:
If this year was the start of 5+7 here is how it would work:

Round 1:
Michigan, Washington, Texas and Alabama get byes
Oklahoma at FSU
Ole' Miss at Georgia
Penn State at Ohio State
Missouri at Oregon

Round 2:
Mizz/Ore winner at Michigan
PSU/OSU winner at Washington
Ole Miss/Geo winner at Texas
OK/FSU winner at Alabama

etc

Nobody loses sleep over LSU, Lousiana, Arizona, Notre Dame, Iowa or Liberty not making it into the 12.
I think Liberty is in, highest ranked group of 5 gets an auto bid. Not sure if they ever settled based on the pac 12 implosion but itā€™s set up for the highest ranked 6 conference champs

I hate Saban and am as tired of 'bama as anybody, but there is no doubt the Dec 3rd 'Bama team is much better than the Dec 3rd FSU team.
Have you met the man? I have not, however I knew he was going to be great when he was here at Michigan State, Iā€™ve been called a poser because my wife and I live in Michigan but follow the tide, we have a condo on the gulf in southern Alabama, been going there since 1985. I like Saban just based on one of his quotes ā€œhigh achievers hate mediocrity, and mediocrity hates high achieversā€. We went to a game at Bryant Denny a couple years ago. What a party

Attachments

• IMG_2107.jpeg
    IMG_2107.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Maybe the common parlance should no be longer be Power Five (soon to be Power Four) and instead Power Two. In the near future with Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC and Washington, Oregon, and USC going to the Big Ten, no other conference will really matter.

Yup. Probably soon to be Power 2, Middling 3 (ACC, Big12 and the likely Pac12-mountain west merger) and the 5 Dwarfs. And FSU is trying mightily to move to SEC or BigTen.

I hope they are smart enough to understand playoffs.
Iā€™m sure they are, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t think about the games, or even the plays that were screwed up to not put them into the top 12.

Have you met the man? I have not, however I knew he was going to be great when he was here at Michigan State, Iā€™ve been called a poser because my wife and I live in Michigan but follow the tide, we have a condo on the gulf in southern Alabama, been going there since 1985. I like Saban just based on one of his quotes ā€œhigh achievers hate mediocrity, and mediocrity hates high achieversā€. We went to a game at Bryant Denny a couple years ago. What a party

I went to an Oregon vs Michigan St game in Eugene back in 98 when Saban was there coach , my ducks won big that day 48-14 or something.

Yup. Probably soon to be Power 2, Middling 3 (ACC, Big12 and the likely Pac12-mountain west merger) and the 5 Dwarfs. And FSU is trying mightily to move to SEC or BigTen.

Ya I was reading Oregon St is making a deal to play the mountain west schools next year , Iā€™m still bummed the conference my dad grew up with that I came to love and follow with a passion the Pac 10 , is goneā€¦. my dad is a big Oregon State fan and to see that school become an after thought along with Washington St after so many decades of history to become a lower tier mid majorā€¦.. very sad.. still got my shirt I bought 23 years ago when I got to see my 1st Civil War Rivalry game in person with my dad.
IMG_5597.jpeg

Ya I was reading Oregon St is making a deal to play the mountain west schools next year , Iā€™m still bummed the conference my dad grew up with that I came to love and follow with a passion the Pac 10 , is goneā€¦. my dad is a big Oregon State fan and to see that school become an after thought along with Washington St after so many decades of history to become a lower tier mid majorā€¦.. very sad.. still got my shirt I bought 23 years ago when I got to see my 1st Civil War Rivalry game in person with my dad.
View attachment 304673
Wow - that is an angry beaver.

Video of Michigan watching the selection show and learning of their ā€˜Bama opponent in the semi-final. Seems they were hoping for the Seminoles.

Back