Caribou Gear Tarp

Cold front coming

8 here this morning & 3 or 4 inches of snow. Below zero tonight.
We got off light & the Gila got some snow.

I halfway set up my hot tent in the back yard today to test some new sleep gear. We’ve mainly gotten sleet here in east tx.

I’m hobbled up with a heel spur and twisted my knee by walking funny, so by the time I started putting the stove together I lost interest and came back inside. 😐

32 in Las Vegas this morning with a 20 mph north wind. For us, that's cold. When it's like that here, I know most of you are getting hammered.

-31 at my place this morning with 15mph winds. I'm typically used to ND cold but that's borderline ridiculous.

-31 at my place this morning with 15mph winds. I'm typically used to ND cold but that's borderline ridiculous.
If thats borderline then you got no feelings left in your body 🤣 I know I'm not from these parts but dang the last 2 years I haven't been able to be warm. Amd it hasn't even been that cold. Gettin old I guess

Miserable day in Arkansas. Low 20's 25mph blowing sleet. Got a couple inches on the ground. Cattle don't like it much. Me either!

28 this morning in Tucson, bone dry and the city had the de-icing trucks out.
Cat and I took in 16 miles on the Arizona trail.

Attachments

• 5DD5F563-B5FE-4576-9B36-8E0D2E732BE4.jpeg
    5DD5F563-B5FE-4576-9B36-8E0D2E732BE4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 7A58D775-2B5A-4F46-9BA8-2D55384286BF.jpeg
    7A58D775-2B5A-4F46-9BA8-2D55384286BF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
I get a kick out of the Texas power folks who try to act like nobody else has to design equipment to work below freezing. Much of the country has way worse weather and the windmills and power plants don't shut down when it gets cold.

Must have a lot of Texas A&M engineers down there is al I can figure.

I get a kick out of the Texas power folks who try to act like nobody else has to design equipment to work below freezing. Much of the country has way worse weather and the windmills and power plants don't shut down when it gets cold.

Must have a lot of Texas A&M engineers down there is al I can figure.
tryin to find the water softener, I'll bet

tower.jpg

28 this morning in Tucson, bone dry and the city had the de-icing trucks out.
Cat and I took in 16 miles on the Arizona trail.
what the hell are you doing in Arizona ?? did you take your dogs with you ? Enjoy

We are at minus 25 with a wind chill of minus 45, but if all goes well we will have 4 to 5 hours of daylight

Back