Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cold fishing pics

mtmiller

Axl and I chased some northerns around this weekend. Sunday morning was a little chilly, but a great sunrise.
p1050376.jpg

I guess I am getting soft in my old age. Axl got to ride up front because of the weather conditions. :D
p1050359.jpg

Fishing wasn't fast and furious, but we found a few.
p1050411.jpg

Axl was geting bored with the fishing, so we did a littel retrieving as well. :rolleyes:
p1050454.jpg

Nice pile of fish, here in Alaska it is -25, plan to head out ice fishing in about a week when I get my time off, Max my lab will not touch a northern maybe if I try it when their frozen but look out when he see's a salmon.
Mtmiller how many lines can you have for ice fishing, up here on most of the lakes your allowed 5 lines per person and you can catch as many northerns as you want

On this body of water each person may use 6 lines. The daily limit and possession are 10 northerns. I threw back three others hoping for some biggins, but it didn't work out that way.

Weather has warmed up a bit. It was -32 Sunday morning and I woke up to +40 this morning. It is going to be a little sloppy around here for a while.

I was fishing Nelson Res. near Malta. The guy I was fishing with caught a few walleyes and perch as well.

Craig,

Great Pics as usual. I took two of my brood out afternoon on Sunday and I don't even really enjoy ice fishing. It was cold caught on walleye and one northern.

Today it is already +40. 71 degrees warmer then on Sunday morning here.

Nemont

I was out this weekend as well, but fared worse than both of you. I didn't land a fish (or even graph one for that matter).

Love the pics mt, what do you usually do with your northern? Fillet them out? Pickle them?

They will be filleted, at least when they thaw ,out which may be a couple of more days. I am guessing everything in the fridge will smell fishy for a while. :D

You know as much time as you spend there you might have to put Phillips County plates back on your vehicle. :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back