CO

prhunter

In Colorado, will OTC non resident elk hunters be allowed to hunt small game with their OTC license or will they have to purchase the separate small game license? Thanks

Can you get away with going OTC and not buying the small game? I guess I assumed it was required for all but maybe only for the draw.....

Can you get away with going OTC and not buying the small game? I guess I assumed it was required for all but maybe only for the draw.....

You could buy a turkey tag instead of a small game license... also I do not believe you have to buy a small game for OTC Elk, I think you probably will for all leftover licenses.

You'll have to buy a "qualifying license" to apply for the draw and for OTC as I understand it. It's now essentially like other states that require you to buy a license in order to get a tag. You'll have to get a small game license in order to hunt small game.

So now you can "reverse" a tag? My reading was that you turn the tag back over but your preference points revert back to what they were before the draw (no new point). Do you get a full refund? What about the small game license?

My reading was that you turn the tag back over but your preference points revert back to what they were before the draw (no new point). Do you get a full refund? What about the small game license?

"Individuals must still choose between a refund or restoration of preference points; both will not be awarded."

"Refunds will not be given on annual licenses, to include all qualifying licenses. Refunds are also not granted for mountain lion licenses, application fees, habitat stamps, waterfowl stamps, and Federal duck stamps."

My reading was that you turn the tag back over but your preference points revert back to what they were before the draw (no new point).

This is how Colorado has done it for quite some time now. They don't award you an extra point for turning in your tag. Arizona does through their Point Guard system but that's paid for beforehand and can only be used once before your species points are reset.

You'll have to buy a "qualifying license" to apply for the draw and for OTC as I understand it.

I went on the SOS website, I'm not seeing any mention of a small game license for OTC tags, just draw licenses.

A qualifying license must be purchased if you were to enter the draw. If you buy a OTC you do not need a qualifying license.

You have a small window of time to reverse a drawn license and maybe not be charged the $15 like you would if you turned it in later. Later, if you turn in a drawn permit that was your first choice draw, you have the option of losing your money OR losing your points.

That's my take. Now if someone would explain List A and List B I'd sure appreciate it...

That's my take. Now if someone would explain List A and List B I'd sure appreciate it...

List A tags = Effectively all antlered and either sex licenses.
Some antlerless tags are also ‘A’ tags (not sure if that’s new this year, but I didn’t notice it before)

List B tags = Most antlerless licenses

Most importantly, You can only have one ‘A’ tag. Beyond that,

You can have 1 “A” + 1 “B” tag, OR 2 “B” tags

(There are also list C tags, which tend to be crop damage and/or plains hunts and not common)

Some antlerless tags are also ‘A’ tags (not sure if that’s new this year, but I didn’t notice it before)

It's not a new thing. Antlerless tags in top units (49, 61, 76, etc), popular units (62, some units closer to Denver, some of the Gunnison basin units), and ranching for wildlife cow tags have been list A for years.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back