Co.unit 551

gordoferg

Unit 551 has alot of summertime motorcycle and atv trails how does that effect the elk herds in general will they stick around in sanctuary or eventually move out all together asking cause I like the unit after hunting it last year and found sign was in woods early and stayed all day on meadows do I need to focus more on the high dark timber with smaller parks and quakies in the drainages ? Any info and opinions will be appreciated

How about a recap from your hunt last year?

We learned alot about the area but think we stayed to low in the meadows we had alot of sign in fresh snow so they were moving thru so that's what kept us there

Unit 551 has alot of summertime motorcycle and atv trails how does that effect the elk herds in general will they stick around in sanctuary or eventually move out all together asking cause I like the unit after hunting it last year and found sign was in woods early and stayed all day on meadows do I need to focus more on the high dark timber with smaller parks and quakies in the drainages ? Any info and opinions will be appreciated
I haven’t found that the ATV traffic effects the elk. The elk are in there but tend to move quite a lot. I have a couple areas that have had elk passing through but I really need to figure out their hiding spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back