CO Sheep points

Summitthunting

This is the best explanation of CO's weighted point system for moose, sheep, and goats that I have seen.

http://www.bighornsheep.org/HowColoradoSheepGoatDrawWorks.pdf

I am 33yr old CO resident and have no points for sheep or goats, I'll probably need a walker by the time I have a decent shot. I'm thinking about putting in for goats and desert bighorn starting this year. What is the average wait for a "non-trophy" goat unit? Is there much public access in the desert bighorn units?

This is the best explanation of CO's weighted point system for moose, sheep, and goats that I have seen.

http://www.bighornsheep.org/HowColoradoSheepGoatDrawWorks.pdf

I am 33yr old CO resident and have no points for sheep or goats, I'll probably need a walker by the time I have a decent shot. I'm thinking about putting in for goats and desert bighorn starting this year. What is the average wait for a "non-trophy" goat unit? Is there much public access in the desert bighorn units?

Think about it. You put in for desert and you will NEVER draw rocky AND never draw desert. Desert sheep does not get you a pref point, ever. Build the sheep points to at least 3 on rockies before getting side tracked on desert, that latter of which has no points system. The desert draw is for guys who already got their rocky, or nutballs. Which one are ya :rolleyes: You found the good description of the sheep draw now put that info to work! Have you joined RMBS, a worthy org that puts out a great magazine to boot to educate sheep newbies.

Nutballs here... and this will be the 5th year in a row that I know- FOR SURE- I'll draw that desert tag. :hump: That or winning the Powerball...:D

My problem is that I'm going to move out of state in 5 years so with with desert sheep I would have a .9 percent chance of drawing for the next 5 years. With bighorns I have a zero percent chance for three years and very, very, small chance after that. I realize that its kind of late in the game to start applying but after reading all of the posts on here about sheep hunting, I gots ta go.

There was a nanny goat tag that went second choice last year. I'm sure it won't happen this year, but nanny tags don't seem to be very popular yet. Last year was the first time they were offered.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back