MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO Sheep and Goat Meet and Greet

Oh he texted me to say he was holding himself back!

And I’m planning on it, thinking the bow will be plan A and B. If we get to plan C and a day or two left in the season or a big snow storm rolling in, the rifle will be coming out.
If I had to do it again I would try harder on the bow. With a sheep tag burning a hole in my pocket and having a new kid in the same year my vacation days were running low. Opted for the rifle, I don’t regret it but wanted to spend as many days on sheep as possible.

If I had to do it again I would try harder on the bow. With a sheep tag burning a hole in my pocket and having a new kid in the same year my vacation days were running low. Opted for the rifle, I don’t regret it but wanted to spend as many days on sheep as possible.
That’s awesome and definitely understand. I have a 21 year old hunting partner who said he would carry my bow or rifle so I could hunt with both. Starting to get really excited. Bouncing between trying hard with a bow and hunting a certain area further from the road probably camping high likely, leaning on the rifle.

That’s awesome and definitely understand. I have a 21 year old hunting partner who said he would carry my bow or rifle so I could hunt with both. Starting to get really excited. Bouncing between trying hard with a bow and hunting a certain area further from the road probably camping high likely, leaning on the rifle.

We're heading out Monday, I'll give you the recap when we get back!

I hunted second season right after a big snow storm during first, scouted a couple weeks prior to season and they disappeared from where I scouted all summer. Ended up connecting, but we had to change our strategy.

I hunted second season right after a big snow storm during first, scouted a couple weeks prior to season and they disappeared from where I scouted all summer. Ended up connecting, but we had to change our strategy.
I’ve heard the weather can push them especially to south and east facing slopes to get more sun.

Back