CO leftover list is available

I agree 100% a person should lose points when they pick up a reissue. But I also think this would be a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing point creep. 478A35A0-8F00-4EB7-890B-D2912B302A93.jpeg
108,188 point only elk apps? Wipe out points if somebody picks up a reissue and eliminate what, maybe .5% of the pool? I’m not sure how many total people there are holding points but just the “point only pool” is more like an ocean.

Until we see no more OTC while getting a point, no more get a A list AND a B list AND a point, a qualifying license cost that’s some actual real coin and preference point fees of +-50.00 and implement these changes for 10+ years to see the massive point pool start to drain I think we could fiddle around with a couple thousand low point holders losing points in the reissue and it’s not gonna amount to anything in the grand scheme of the issues the Colorado draw is facing.

The cries for “next person in line” when it comes to reissue on the -5 point tags are crazy. Is CPW going to hire the staff (seasonal mind you) to make the 1000’s of phone calls and the mountains of paperwork this would require? Every week as the tags come in phoning or emailing a few hundred people so most can turn it down (to close to season and I didn’t plan the time off) so it can end up on the reissue anyway? All to knock a few hundred guys with 3 points out of the pool while the other 100,000 just gained another one?

Can you also imagine the complaining this would create? “I was out of service and they took my tag!!!”
“There was only 4 people at my point level and I never got a call and now it’s on the reissue!!! Get the tinfoil!

I agree 100% a person should lose points when they pick up a reissue. But I also think this would be a drop in the bucket when it comes to reducing point creep. View attachment 231942
108,188 point only elk apps? Wipe out points if somebody picks up a reissue and eliminate what, maybe .5% of the pool? I’m not sure how many total people there are holding points but just the “point only pool” is more like an ocean.

Until we see no more OTC while getting a point, no more get a A list AND a B list AND a point, a qualifying license cost that’s some actual real coin and preference point fees of +-50.00 and implement these changes for 10+ years to see the massive point pool start to drain I think we could fiddle around with a couple thousand low point holders losing points in the reissue and it’s not gonna amount to anything in the grand scheme of the issues the Colorado draw is facing.

The cries for “next person in line” when it comes to reissue on the -5 point tags are crazy. Is CPW going to hire the staff (seasonal mind you) to make the 1000’s of phone calls and the mountains of paperwork this would require? Every week as the tags come in phoning or emailing a few hundred people so most can turn it down (to close to season and I didn’t plan the time off) so it can end up on the reissue anyway? All to knock a few hundred guys with 3 points out of the pool while the other 100,000 just gained another one?

Can you also imagine the complaining this would create? “I was out of service and they took my tag!!!”
“There was only 4 people at my point level and I never got a call and now it’s on the reissue!!! Get the tinfoil!
If you didn't allow people to turn in their tags and retain their points it would have a huge effect on the top units.

Here are the re-issues for 2021... by restoring even say 20% of the points and issuing those tags to folks for free, you are adding 1 year for every 5pts to draw a tag... so a 20pt unit will take an extra 4 years to draw.

So again for the top units reissue is absolutely catastrophic, it's not as big an issue for MSG as those are random (weighted) systems and anyone could draw with 3+0 but for elk, deer, pronghorn, bear... it's stupid as you are waiting in line, and then effectively allowing in some cases 20% of the line to cut.

If you look at it in the case of NR it's even worse..
1659137751763.png

They should do as Wyoming does and not let hunters turn their tags in, except for a emergency situation.
Guys are turning Colorado tags in because the weather isnt lining up, they stubbed their toe, made a scouting trip(which should have been done prior to drawing) and didn’t see what they wanted.

I do not know what was wrong with the old process that lat me snag of the reissue list:
EE076O1A two years in a row, had it in cart a 3rd year but was open route to an AZ elk hunt so let it slide
DM03504R twice
EM061O1R (plus helping a HTer score it as well)
AM142O1R
etc, etc.

Was nothing broken about that, then they wrecked it. LOL

I know I don’t know what everyone’s situation is, but I must admit that seeing tags I didn’t draw get returned-yet again in the second draw…Just like in the first- because people don’t pay or whatever is kinda frustrating. I miss the old days of paying up-front.

OK. Got that off my chest. Ha.
So frustrating

I do not know what was wrong with the old process that lat me snag of the reissue list:
EE076O1A two years in a row, had it in cart a 3rd year but was open route to an AZ elk hunt so let it slide
DM03504R twice
AM142O1R
etc, etc.

I liked the old system better too. Start a petition to have it added to the ballot in November! Say the old system is better for the ecosystem or something. If it worked for the woofs I’m sure we can make it work for this.

DM03504R twice
AM142O1R
etc, etc.

The primary problem I have with the old system, is that I didn't know about it. :ROFLMAO:

Now that I've learned more about CO tag returns and reissues, yeah, it seems like a process that has some issues.

I will still be playing the game though! 🎲

I liked the old system better too. Start a petition to have it added to the ballot in November! Say the old system is better for the ecosystem or something. If it worked for the woofs I’m sure we can make it work for this.
Don’t put anything hunting on a ballot in colofornia. They will give all the returned tags to the wolfs

This has nothing to do with me trying to help myself, even though a tag I struck out in the 2 previous draws is still available somehow :rolleyes:... I'm looking out for everyone out there in huntalk land!
It’s available because CPW is too lenient on returning tags and someone decided they should turn it in because their allergies are flared up. Good news is, You will see more throughout the year for your unit if you don’t succeed Wednesday afternoon when they become available.

I like the process it’s a shot of adrenaline right before disappointment. As good as I am with computers my success has been nonexistent. Keyboard warriors and geeks win this battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back