CO leftover list is available

So excuse my ignorance how does this leftover deal work? I see a tag I'd really like to have.
There are directions on the CPW website’s Leftover & OTC licenses page. Check out:

I also see an antelope tag I really want. Anybody know if road construction in awesome antelope country is still full tilt?

I'll take your word for it, I'll just stick to my backup plan of visiting family and shooting the 1st 1.5 year old whitetail I see.
Better yet, if you wanna do something really gut wrenching and awful come to Nebraska on a Sandhills deer hunt! Dozens of acres of public land and trophy’s for days. They are wrestling trophy’s in the kid by Hyannis’ house but there are trophies in Nebraskastan! 🤣

managing this debacle is such a waste of time and money.

pay up front, add a 2% cc fee to cover cc surcharges, and if you get a tag youre stuck with it unless you have a military conflict or a medical issue. period.

the money grinder that is the cpw application, draw, charge, refund, secondary draw, charge, refund, leftover, charge, refund process needs to stop.
😂 so you would rather see a tag someone can’t use sit in their drawer or tossed out rather than the current system where at least someone will get the reissued tag??? Most of these reissued tags were paid for and they don’t refund your money if you want to keep your points. I’m not a genius business man but I can guarantee the revenue from this system far outweighs the expense. I ate about $700 this year and am glad someone else will get to use the tag that I couldn’t.

😂 so you would rather see a tag someone can’t use sit in their drawer or tossed out rather than the current system where at least someone will get the reissued tag??? Most of these reissued tags were paid for and they don’t refund your money if you want to keep your points. I’m not a genius business man but I can guarantee the revenue from this system far outweighs the expense. I ate about $700 this year and am glad someone else will get to use the tag that I couldn’t.
Yeah definitely, if they didn’t reissue tags then the “don’t” hunt percentage would just get baked into success rates and more tags would be issued. AK for instance knows that on some of the harder hunts only 20% of people show up so they allocate tags accordingly.

The system encourages people to say what the heck, I can always return it and then folks who actually want to hunt don’t have the opportunity meanwhile the state foots the bill of the shenanigans.

if people applied knowing they couldn’t return tags the amount of tags that sit in desk drawers would not be many

the issue here is a system that feeds point creep problems and encourages “un-serious” applying

wyoming game and fish must be appalled to learn that tons of their tags sit in desk drawers every year because you can’t return them 😱

Yeah definitely, if they didn’t reissue tags then the “don’t” hunt percentage would just get baked into success rates and more tags would be issued. AK for instance knows that on some of the harder hunts only 20% of people show up so they allocate tags accordingly.

The system encourages people to say what the heck, I can always return it and then folks who actually want to hunt don’t have the opportunity meanwhile the state foots the bill of the shenanigans.
Since we all know harvest rate is the only barometer cpw and other agencies use for setting tag numbers... There’s no other factors at play 😆 if you think Colorado is anything like Alaska you’re very mistaken

meanwhile the state foots the bill of the shenanigans.
This is the core issue. How much collective labor/IT/capital/PR expense has been spent - to come up with elaborate short term tweaks to a problem that could be solved with one click of the mouse and one paragraph change in the T&C’s?

CO is trying to glue a busted lamp back together by hand, and they just need to get a new lamp.

This is the core issue. How much collective labor/IT/capital/PR expense has been spent - to come up with elaborate short term tweaks to a problem that could be solved with one click of the mouse and one paragraph change in the T&C’s?

CO is trying to glue a busted lamp back together by hand, and they just need to get a new lamp.
leglamp2_1024x1024.jpg
The lamp we all want

images (3).jpeg
The lamp we get

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't hate the way CO does it. I didn't draw CO this year so I made other plans. There is one tag available for the hunt code that I applied for but now it won't fit with my schedule. However, I do have a week free at a different time and now after a bunch of research I have a list of 50+ tags that'll fill that gap. I realize I may not get any of them, but at least I have "a shot". Last year I was able to get my wife a muzzy tag when she came along with me on a hunt.

So excuse my ignorance how does this leftover deal work? I see a tag I'd really like to have.
Everyone sees a tag on there they would like. But good luck getting it. Ive never had to try and get a leftover in this manner so it will be a learning experience

I should know more as I picked up an archery 70 tag and dad a muzzleloader 70 tag few years back. This doesn't burn point right to buy a leftover tag? I see a hunt I wanted to do for years only takes 3 but got this chain around my neck with 21 points.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back