Yeti GOBOX Collection

CO leftover list is available

I know I don’t know what everyone’s situation is, but I must admit that seeing tags I didn’t draw get returned-yet again in the second draw…Just like in the first- because people don’t pay or whatever is kinda frustrating. I miss the old days of paying up-front.

OK. Got that off my chest. Ha.

Could a downfall of the youth having preference in the 2nd draw be that some will fill out the app without Mom and dads consent and when mom sees it hits the CC, she’s like o hell no?

I know I don’t know what everyone’s situation is, but I must admit that seeing tags I didn’t draw get returned-yet again in the second draw…Just like in the first- because people don’t pay or whatever is kinda frustrating. I miss the old days of paying up-front.

OK. Got that off my chest. Ha.
I will too will be trying to get the tag I want for the third time around.

I’m over the refund pay later system, definitely in favor of no refunds card charged in full at this point.

It can be frustrating. I probably won't snag any of the tags I want on August 3rd. But, at least I get another chance, unlike where I struck out In Wyoming, South Dakota, Arizona, New Mexico, and Kansas.

I’m over the refund pay later system, definitely in favor of no refunds card charged in full at this point.
If they can get the draw cycle down to <= 5 days, charging in full at application deadline day works with no additional cost (the transaction can just be an authorization, e.g. when you see ‘pending’ on recent credit card transactions in your statement)

since that is a long ways off, to do so would (should) likely mean a WY-style ‘convenience fee’ to cover the merchant fees CPW would incur on every transaction from charging the applicants card in full and processing the refund. Hundreds of thousands of times…

I would advocate (and have commented to them on same) that they configure the software to make one attempt to charge the provided card after the draw. If a given card is expired/declined, tough luck, move on to the next Applicant.

then add an AZ Point Guard style program, but do away with refunds.

/soapbox

but as it is, I’ll be attempting to get 2 tags next week.

managing this debacle is such a waste of time and money.

pay up front, add a 2% cc fee to cover cc surcharges, and if you get a tag youre stuck with it unless you have a military conflict or a medical issue. period.

the money grinder that is the cpw application, draw, charge, refund, secondary draw, charge, refund, leftover, charge, refund process needs to stop.

Just looked over the list!! Trying to get one of 9 cow tags left for a unit. Probably don’t have a chance but I’ll try.

CO is too #woke to make people pay up front. Then only the “privileged” people would be able to apply, right?

Joking. Sort of.
Sort-of-joking aside, it is about cost, not ‘woke’ - the old DOW method of pay up front and then sending paper check refunds was extremely expensive and wildly inefficient for every party.

Charging a card in full at application time and refunding it later is also very expensive as CPW pays merchant and payment processor fees for every transaction - and most of those applications would need to be refunded. The simple solution to avoid adding cost, as @TOGIE mentioned above, is to pass those fees (range is usually 2%-4% of the transaction) along to the consumer (see: Wyoming). I don't have hard data - but it would be fair to predict that there would be significant customer pushback against increased fees.

There are other solutions that would be a little more elegant and avoid that additional cost, but they would take more effort/time to implement.

Allowing refunds and tag turnbacks for any reason is the root cause of all of this BS, though.

I don't have hard data - but it would be fair to predict that there would be significant customer pushback against increased fees.

yeah i think there would be a lot of push back against a 2% fee to ease that processing burden in CO.

i recall wyoming sent out a survey when they were contemplating that fee, to R and NR a like, I know I got one.

i think they basically asked, "do you want to not pay up front or pay up front and incur 2% extra? as we can't keep wasting this money."

obviously they went with the 2%, but i've always wondered what the results of that survey looked like...

ah yes, May 15, 2018 was when i got that survey.

I think i'm gonna e-mail them and see if they show/send me the results. It could be some interesting data to add in to another one of my e-mails to commission about this

1627590076347.png

Back