CO Leftover Deer Tags

mnelkhunter

I am looking at a unit in northern Colorado for mule deer. For archery, residents and nonresidents can draw with 0 points. My question is, does CO do leftover licenses for mule deer in those easy to draw units? I know Randy is a big supporter for goHunt for these statistics, but I cant drop 100 some bucks right now for it.

the way to find that out is to look at last years statistics (if you don't have last years leftover list) you can find it here

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/Deer/2015DeerDrawRecap.pdf

uppper left corner, just look at the "remaining balance" this is how many tags remain after the main drawing. Some of the tags will be gone from the second drawing, but not many, so it's a really good indicator of what is leftover

I am looking at a unit in northern Colorado for mule deer. For archery, residents and nonresidents can draw with 0 points. My question is, does CO do leftover licenses for mule deer in those easy to draw units? I know Randy is a big supporter for goHunt for these statistics, but I cant drop 100 some bucks right now for it.

It depends on the unit. Some units take zero points to draw but may not be available as a leftover if quota is met in the 2nd choice pass.

If you go to CPWs web page and check the new draw recap statistics for your unit, if it shows a non-zero number in the 'Remaining Balance' field (upper left corner), there were leftovers. Or if it shows 'Leftover' in the 'drawn out at' field on the right hand side.

Ok thanks. Guess I am putting in for the draw for this unit. No leftovers for deer, not many units it looks like even have leftover licenses for deer.

I do not recall any left over buck deer tags in NW .you really need to apply in the draw .

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back