Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

CO hunting partner ?

lifesupport4u

Hey folks-

Looking for a hunting partner in CO.

Live in South Denver area. Mid 30s. Married. One young kiddo. Work at a fire department. Christian. Hunt and fish as much as I can.

I have a buddy and a family member I have hunted with but it’s not their drive or passion and I am lucky if they will commit 4 days to hunt. I have another group I have hunted with but looking to do something different- or at least more methodically. These guys basically wander around during rifle season, not watching wind or thermals, in a heavily timbered part of a unit and sometimes they get lucky. A few of them have learned some and are finding success but I don’t love the unit. I have learned that area and feel I can be somewhat successful there, but would like to develop my glassing game, go higher and do more spot and stalk. I also wouldn’t mind archery, but it’s new to me- bought a bow last year and am slowly learning to shoot and how to use a reed call.

I like to hunt as much as possible. Open to other species as well. Prior to the kiddo I would get out for 2-3 seasons between species. I have CO points for all species at different levels.

I am building points in WY as well. I apply to NM, but mostly units with slim odds- haven’t drawn yet.

I have tried the solo thing and don’t mind it during the day, but prefer not to camp alone- just get bored and need some human interaction.

I’m not tied to a unit, season or method. I am drawn to hunt more subalpine elevation though. Still learning units and hope to do some scouting this summer and maybe get some cameras up.

I have a wall tent and stove but am also interested in packing in and running a teepee... don’t own one yet though.

PM me if it might be a fit.

Last edited:
How is your quest for a hunting partner going?
I have made commitments for this Fall already, but wondered how you're doing with this?
I have a 49 acre ranch surrounded by the Rio Grande National Forest on 3 sides, with my horses, mule, and burros. I'm retired from law enforcement, and just goof off these days. I too have a wall tent and stove and yet now can't even use the stove due to current fire restrictions.
It's also so dry, even the grass in the high country isn't what it should be. Ugh.

How is your quest for a hunting partner going?
I have made commitments for this Fall already, but wondered how you're doing with this?
I have a 49 acre ranch surrounded by the Rio Grande National Forest on 3 sides, with my horses, mule, and burros. I'm retired from law enforcement, and just goof off these days. I too have a wall tent and stove and yet now can't even use the stove due to current fire restrictions.
It's also so dry, even the grass in the high country isn't what it should be. Ugh.

Still looking... hoping to get out and do some scouting and put a few cameras up in July / August.

Did have someone reach out but was hoping to find a resident to help do some of the scouting.

Last edited:
Good luck on a partner. I'm at least a few years out from military retirement when I'll hunt much more. Looking forward to my first CO trip.

Hey folks-

Live in South Denver area. Mid 30s. Married. One young kiddo. Work at a fire department. Christian. Hunt and fish as much as I can.

I have a buddy and a family member I have hunted with but it’s not their drive or passion and I am lucky if they will commit 4 days to hunt. I have another group I have hunted with but looking to do something different- or at least more methodically. These guys basically wander around during rifle season, not watching wind or thermals, in a heavily timbered part of a unit and sometimes they get lucky. A few of them have learned some and are finding success but I don’t love the unit. I have learned that area and feel I can be somewhat successful there, but would like to develop my glassing game, go higher and do more spot and stalk. I also wouldn’t mind archery, but it’s new to me- bought a bow last year and am slowly learning to shoot and how to use a reed call.

I like to hunt as much as possible. Open to other species as well. Prior to the kiddo I would get out for 2-3 seasons between species. I have CO points for all species at different levels.

I am building points in WY as well. I apply to NM, but mostly units with slim odds- haven’t drawn yet.

I have tried the solo thing and don’t mind it during the day, but prefer not to camp alone- just get bored and need some human interaction.

I’m not tied to a unit, season or method. I am drawn to hunt more subalpine elevation though. Still learning units and hope to do some scouting this summer and maybe get some cameras up.

I have a wall tent and stove but am also interested in packing in and running a teepee... don’t own one yet though.

so I’m a FF a Christian and looking for a hunting partner as well. I’m new to this site but reply and maybe we can link up. I didn’t get my draw choices so I’ll have to get a over the counter tag. Let me know-Mike

I find myself in a similar situation as far as hunting partners go. I’m from the East but drew a first season rifle tag for a higher elevation unit and if that’s anything your interested in feel free to reach out.

Last edited:
Hey folks-

Sent ya a PM

Hello all. I am a flight paramedic down here in Central Texas. I have always wanted to hit the mountains in search of an elk. Now that my twin girls are not such a burden for the wife if I leave for a week, I have committed myself to 2nd or 3rd season OTC rifle elk this year. I am okay going by myself (I think?) , but it would be awesome if I could link up with some of you guys to have a partner. Lots of hunting experience, but all of it is in the flat lands. Pm me if you want to talk.

Hello all. I am a flight paramedic down here in Central Texas. I have always wanted to hit the mountains in search of an elk. Now that my twin girls are not such a burden for the wife if I leave for a week, I have committed myself to 2nd or 3rd season OTC rifle elk this year. I am okay going by myself (I think?) , but it would be awesome if I could link up with some of you guys to have a partner. Lots of hunting experience, but all of it is in the flat lands. Pm me if you want to talk.
Welcome aboard!

I'm new to hunting out west and would benefit from finding a hunting partner as well, looking to hunt CO 2nd rifle.

I’m new to the Colorado Springs area and have only hunted wild hog in TX. Let me know if you are still looking for a partner.

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 20th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd

I’m going to GMU’s 64/65 2nd rifle for a cow tag. If anyone wants to link up lemme know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back