CO bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and pronghorn raffles

I hunted CO Bighorns DIY with my recurve in 2007. Was not able to take my ram. I have zero chance to draw again. I buy tickets every year and am a life member of RMBS because that is the best I can do to thank them for the big part they played in there being populations for us to hunt. Wild sheep have a lot of factors working against them. Salute to RMBS and to Oak, Sandbrew, and all the other hard working volunteers for all they do.

It blows me away that the CO liberals will tolerate domestic mountain maggots over supporting and giving space to majestic wild sheep.
Maybe it's because we also like to hunt them?
My hat's off,(exposing my cold bald head) to RMBS and crew. A very worthy cause for sure! Tickets Purchased.

Last edited:
It blows me away that the CO liberals will tolerate domestic mountain maggots over supporting and giving space to majestic wild sheep.
My hat's off,(exposing my cold bald head) to RMBS and crew. A very worthy cause for sure!

the average coloradan knows nothing, literally nothing, of the looming and pending perils of wild sheep due to domestic grazing.

combine that with the politcal clout of private industry interests and badda boom. a shitty situation where the first thing to go in a time of crisis will be sheep hunting and eventually the sheep themselves, not the domestic sheep.

the average coloradan knows nothing, literally nothing, of the looming and pending perils of wild sheep due to domestic grazing.

combine that with the politcal clout of private industry interests and badda boom. a shitty situation where the first thing to go in a time of crisis will be sheep hunting and eventually the sheep themselves, not the domestic sheep.
Frame it. I don't know if anyone caught the very end of the Commission meeting 2 weeks ago, but someone told me about it (I was in Reno). A former CPW biologist asked the Commission to direct CPW to recommend closure of high risk domestic sheep allotments to protect bighorn sheep. You can watch it here.

@Oak why are us Washingtonians supposed to fill out something different?
Due to your state's rules regarding raffles.

Frame it. I don't know if anyone caught the very end of the Commission meeting 2 weeks ago, but someone told me about it (I was in Reno). A former CPW biologist asked the Commission to direct CPW to recommend closure of high risk domestic sheep allotments to protect bighorn sheep. You can watch it here.

Nice to see that.

I sense that comment lit a little bit of fire under Tutchton, in a good way.

I was kinda underwhelmed/somewhat annoyed by the Dan and Reids response. Though, understandably, their comments came through the lense of reality as well.

Due to your state's rules regarding raffles.
Hi Oak. As a follow on to the post about Washington residents, do you know if there a reason why the tickets for the bighorn, pronghorn, 6.5 PRC rifle, and Swarovski binoculars show as costing $50/ticket on the Washington State form versus $25/ticket on the on-line purchase form? I'm hoping it's a mis-print. Thanks.

Reactions: Oak
Thanks for linking that video @Oak. Pretty interesting how soft CPW is on bighorns. Also gave me a reason to look up you commission members and see how the compare to the WA members.

Hi Oak. As a follow on to the post about Washington residents, do you know if there a reason why the tickets for the bighorn, pronghorn, 6.5 PRC rifle, and Swarovski binoculars show as costing $50/ticket on the Washington State form versus $25/ticket on the on-line purchase form? I'm hoping it's a mis-print. Thanks.
Just got a response from Terry at RMBS and it is a mis-print. Tickets are the same price for Washington residents.

My hat's off,(exposing my cold bald head) to RMBS and crew. A very worthy cause for sure! Ticke
I'd guess it's not the textbook "liberals" that support the domestic grazing.

I kinda mean, what “species”. Not really sure what the appeal is one over the other.

Super noob question… is the meat better on one over the other? Or is the fact that it’s just super rare of a hunt that makes it awesome?

I’m in Utah.

But yeah… might as well start buying some raffles!
In UT you have Rocky Mtn Bighorn and Desert (Nelson) Bighorn.

CO has the same.

Apply for all, buy raffles for all, in multiple states, and something might happen.

Just between you, me and the interweb, for a NR, CO's Desert Bighorn tag has great odds.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back