Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CO 2 PP Recommendations

CubsFan

I'm looking for recommendation on how and if I should use my 2 PP as a resident this draw in Colorado. The two most important criteria for me are access and success. With that in mind I am open to either a bull or a cow tag. I plan on getting the antlerless OTC tag for archery (list 'B' tag) and was looking for a good tag that requires a point or two. If with only two points there is nothing markedly better than an OTC tag I will just take another point.

I was thinking about doing first season rifle and here are some units I have shortlisted. If anyone has any experience, can say yea or nay on these, or has other ideas I would appreciate it.

Bull Tags First Rifle:
1. unit 39
3. units 57,58 (not 100% to draw)
4. unit 500

Cow Tags First Rifle:
1. unit 2
2. unit 67

I'm looking for recommendation on how and if I should use my 2 PP as a resident this draw in Colorado. The two most important criteria for me are access and success. With that in mind I am open to either a bull or a cow tag. I plan on getting the antlerless OTC tag for archery (list 'B' tag) and was looking for a good tag that requires a point or two. If with only two points there is nothing markedly better than an OTC tag I will just take another point.

I was thinking about doing first season rifle and here are some units I have shortlisted. If anyone has any experience, can say yea or nay on these, or has other ideas I would appreciate it.

Bull Tags First Rifle:
1. unit 39 (Hard pass)
3. units 57,58 (not 100% to draw) Maybe, although I would research where elk are during 1st season/ are they usually found on private or public
4. unit 500 Maybe? but wouldn't be my first choice

Cow Tags First Rifle:
1. unit 2 :hump:
2. unit 67:hump:

CO pref points are a bit weird because there is so much OTC and lots of 100% draw units, so with regard to points you kinda only want 1 or 20... although there are a couple really good 5-8pt archery units. My advice would be to look at what units are 2pts and then determine why they are draw, 39 is a draw not because it's good (unless you own some land or have access), but because it's stupid close to Denver. Whereas some unit on the western slope that is kinda a pain to get to, and is really rugged, is probably a draw because of the quality of animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some amazing units out there for residents with 1-2 points (I prefer archery). I made sure not to waste my one year of resident status. Now it will take me a good while longer as a NR.

mebull.jpg

Good luck this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back