Clolorado OTC second thoughts

I've gone 3 for 6 on OTC bull hunts in Colorado on public land, so 50% success, and I'm an out of state hunter. Sure, I saw lots of people each time, but also lots of elk.
You are the exception then, not the norm. Good for you. 3 for 6 on OTC public land as a non res is not just luck. đź‘Ť

Reactions: FYT
I took a buddy on a 2nd season deer hunt last year. I must have told him 50 times that he is going to see more hunters than he can count. The hunters can be super, super thick. Now that is only half of the problem. The second half is private property. That can vary by unit and time of hunt but make sure that you can find a location where the private won't stop you from hunting. I've had that issue more than once and find ways to work around it. Now with the amount of hunters and land issues you can find great opportunities in CO. Most of them will be a good distance from a road and involve some work. If you aren't afraid of that then I think you could have a good time but don't let the amount of hunters scare you. The other thing to consider is trophy size. CO isn't known for large elk. If you are OK with those issues then have at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back