Caribou Gear Tarp

Clip on thermal gear

Grimwald

I got a question, where i could use some help from expierensed.night-hog-Hunters and Since I am sure that the Most expierensed hunters for this are in the USA, I Need your help. But First excuse my Bad writing. I am out of praxis in english.

Here is the situation:

Most of the time, i hunt in Germany. Here Thermal rifle scopes are forbidden, but you are allowed to use a „Clip-on“ on your regular scope. I now this is stupid, but it‘s the law and I don‘t want to lose my permit.

I Shoot a Remington 7600 (30-06) with a Zeiss Diavari 3x12/56. What is the best thermal „ad-one“ Gear to connect to that scope?
Here is where i need your help.
I usually have to shoot between 100 and 200 yards.

In autum I will be visiting the States and want to buy something good and durable.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

regards & Waidmannsheil (Don‘t worry, this isn‘t Nazi-language, just a Greeting-form especially for Hunters)

Grimwald

Don’t worry about the spelling, there are PLENTY of Americans that don’t know their ass from their elbows when it come to talking. I would second what Devon deer says about a night vision over a thermal clip on. A thermal spotter with an ir pointer paired with a clip on night site is awesome. I also realize that it adds another cost. If you could find a decent clip on night sight that has an ir flood light or a tac light with an ir filter would work well in the 100-200m range. I’ve used a PVS-24 that’s thermal but it was only to shoot steel and we needed to have a heat source. We just used the little sterno gel fuel canisters. Something that might help is how much you are willing to spend, the night shooting rabbit hole gets deep pretty fast. Welcome to the forum.

An extra explanation for my question.
In Northern Europe our Farmers are very scared of the african swine feever.
therefore we need to hunt our boars stronger then ever. If somewhere a infected swine/boar is found, all the pigs in the stables within miles have to be killed and destroyed. This would mean,
more then 50.000 pigs dead and lots of farmers in big trouble. Since the wild boars are to believed
in spreading the disease, our farmers ask us hunters for help.
Since we are densely populated as the US, swines are very carefull and behause of the rising
hunting-pressure they learn quick. As soon as any light goes on, they ran as fast as they can.

That is why i am looking for such a „Clip-on“ thermal Solution. It is the only legal way and I
am Wildling to spend some money. But I want to be sure, that it is the right stuff and the Pulsar
Solutions are very expensive here.
Pulsar Helion XP50 4500 Dollar.
Besides that, Pulsar and Dipol are the only ones on the market. Since you guys in the US have
much more expierence with this stuf, I would like to know, if there are more providers and
if Pulsar is cheaper in the States.
As far as I know, only Generation 4 is not allowed to export. So are there good thermals-clip-on
in Generation 2 and 3? Hopefully not as expensive as here in Germany.

If there is a website, which is more specialized in Boarhunting with nightVision, please let
me know.

If if you guys can help me, GREAT.

Thanks for your answers so far

I have the Pulsar Helion XQ38F for spotting, and a PARD007 rear add-on night vision, the PARD does have an inbuilt IR but a clip on IR torch such as a The Dark Engine IR.
I don't think your scope will work with Night Vision add-on as believe it to not the cheaper scopes work better.
You scope must have parallax adjustment and variable focus from around 3 upward.
I use a Hawke Vantage scope.
The beauty with the PARD is it comes off and on easy so you can still use your scope for normal hunting.
Look at Youtube there are plenty of videos of the PARD007
BTW, your English is great!
Cheers
Richard

I have the Pulsar Helion XQ38F for spotting, and a PARD007 rear add-on night vision, the PARD does have an inbuilt IR but a clip on IR torch such as a The Dark Engine IR.
I don't think your scope will work with Night Vision add-on as believe it to not the cheaper scopes work better.
You scope must have parallax adjustment and variable focus from around 3 upward.
I use a Hawke Vantage scope.
The beauty with the PARD is it comes off and on easy so you can still use your scope for normal hunting.
Look at Youtube there are plenty of videos of the PARD007
BTW, your English is great!
Cheers
Richard

Thanks a lot Richard!!

Started reading about the PARD. So far very interesting.
What does the Pulsar xq38f cost in the US?

Cheerio
Titus

Thanks a lot Richard!!

Started reading about the PARD. So far very interesting.
What does the Pulsar xq38f cost in the US?

Cheerio
Titus
mthuntr above has answered the question, as I am based in the UK all I can say is ring around, they never make public the actual price they will sell one at, I can't see any advantage to buying in the US as exchange rates aren't that great with the strong dollar.
Beware, there are fakes out there including the PARD007!
Cheers
Richard

I'm not sure on the legality of transporting or shipping a thermal optic out of the US due to ITAR regulations but this is certainly something you should look into. Something you might consider though is renting a thermal for while you are in the US and then purchasing something once back in Europe. The pulsars are very nice quality for the price and would easily meet your goals of 100-200 yards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back