Clark Griswald

..Clark faked a bad knee for the outdoor this year.
I’m going to have to fake a bad knee or leave the Christmas lights up year round. Heights don’t usually bother me but for some reason this year they did. Our walkout is about 30’ up and the pucker factor was real on that side of the house! Lol.

Christmas-Vacation-house-seen-from-sky.jpg

Before I moved to Montana I had 20ft ceilings in my house and we lived on a Christmas tree farm... My wife wanted a giant tree, and we put a 18ft tree in the house. Holy Christ that was a bad idea. Been rocking a 6ft fake tree for the last 5 years just because of that event.

By the way @noharleyyet do you live in a freakin castle?

I'll post a pic of our shiz show once the wife is done with it......I love Christmas (especially music) but the decorations/process/stress of listening and watching her go half nuts putting up the circus chaps my butt. I long for the reasonable, simple days of just wanting to enjoy being with loved ones and earnestly contemplating the gift if the season.

Before I moved to Montana I had 20ft ceilings in my house and we lived on a Christmas tree farm... My wife wanted a giant tree, and we put a 18ft tree in the house. Holy Christ that was a bad idea. Been rocking a 6ft fake tree for the last 5 years just because of that event.

Texas double wide...

Mrs. Harley pulls out the stops for the indoors...Clark faked a bad knee for the outdoor this year.
Sell nothing ! It is absolutely beautiful !

I had a question asked privately but I will respond here. Yes we do still incorporate old traditions with new at Christmas time. Some are just fun, some are to teach the young about our history and how we celebrated before the Europeans arrived and "civilized" us. Sedna ( goddess of the sea and animals ) still gets her fair share of attention. We still play "tug a war" between those who were born in winter vs those who were born in summer. If winter wins, you guessed it, we have along and hard winter. If summer wins, a mild winter and long summer.
The way my knee looked after elk hunting equated to no ladder/roof/ outdoors for this seasons decor (maybe if I somehow lose the boxes before next year it will become a trend 🙏🏻).

The Mrs settled for inside only!
View attachment 203530

Very nice Marv and the "teddy's" made me smile. When I was a little girl my father and I saw a Polar who had found some mud. Nobody was able to convince me that I had not seen a Panda Bear. Christmas rolls around and I have a stuffed Panda under the tree:) Your post made me smile.

Marv and Ken, I will not let me husband see this thread, as he might expect our home to look like yours. Very nice gents.

Thank you @Panda Bear! Raising the three girls by myself they always had to get a “Christmas Bear” at the start of ever season…then the youngest came home with a “Christmas Banana” one year (hanging in the tree/pic)…I could only just shake my head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back