Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Chukar Hunting

RJ19

How is the Chukar hunting in Southern Utah? I am from Oregon where we used to Chukar hunt every year. I am living in Arizona now and can't get to Oregon as much as we would like too. Love taking our dogs chukar hunting and Utah would be the closest drive. Appreciate your time.

How is the Chukar hunting in Southern Utah? I am from Oregon where we used to Chukar hunt every year. I am living in Arizona now and can't get to Oregon as much as we would like too. Love taking our dogs chukar hunting and Utah would be the closest drive. Appreciate your time.
According to Randy's videos, there are plenty of chukars to be had in the southern part of AZ. What'd you'd save in not buying a NR license would equal out the extra drive. Food for thought.

My dad and I shot some just east of Provo this year. There is also a decent amount out on Stansbury Island on the Great Salt Lake. I've never seen any in the southern part of the state but it doesn't mean they're not down there.

Attachments

• 20200208_171256.jpg
    20200208_171256.jpg
    962.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200210_170355.jpg
    20200210_170355.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
My dad and I shot some just east of Provo this year. There is also a decent amount out on Stansbury Island on the Great Salt Lake. I've never seen any in the southern part of the state but it doesn't mean they're not down there.
Nice job!! I will keep researching for sure.

I would think the extra drive time to Nevada would be well worth it.

I would think the extra drive time to Nevada would be well worth it.
I like the sound of a $65 license rather than $142. haha Most of my hunts would have to be a day or 2 anyway, so if I can find a closer drive, that would be awesome.

I like the sound of a $65 license rather than $142. haha Most of my hunts would have to be a day or 2 anyway, so if I can find a closer drive, that would be awesome.
You can get a 1 day non-res permit for $23 and consecutive days only cost $8. Not bad for some great chukar hunting in NV not far from Vegas.

DSCN1307.JPG

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back