Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Christmas Gifts

mxracer317

The wifey and family members want to buy me some hunting gifts for Christmas (Whoooo hooo!)

I already have a ton of awesome hunting related things for western big game hunting... but I'm sure that I've probably missed some things.

Any things that you love and can't do without that are $200 and under?

I’ve really enjoyed my SpotShot scope cam. Unlike things that simply mount your phone to the scope, it instead creates a WiFi connection with your device and streams the image to it. It shows a live image, and can capture either a still shot or a video from the app running on your mobile device. I actually like connecting to my iPad for a larger image, and especially like it when shooting at the range because I just glance over at my iPad on the bench beside me after a shot vs. having to move over and look through the scope itself. They run about $80. I could definitely “live without it”, but I’ve gotten more use out of it than I thought I would when I bought it.

EDIT: Just looked and it seems the are actually $95 for the one I have. They have another which is $180 that has a screen on it, but the screen IMO adds no value since the whole point is to stream it to something that has a bigger screen.

Man these things sure work nice in the snow!! Save a lot of physical exertion and wasted energy and help save some nasty falls as well. Weigh hardly anything to carry in your pack.

1607300744424.png

1607300832718.png

Last edited:
Right at the $200 limit, but I definitely enjoy this chair. I also added the rifle rest.

Millennium G-100 Ground Blind Chair​

Nothing worse than being uncomfortable.

My family is mostly made up of non-hunters. They always ask for a wish list, don’t like the items on it, and then get me other things they think I need instead. This year I included either a membership renewal or upgrade to RMEF, DW, PF, BHA, TRCP, etc, as well as some other state/local organizations.

Lots of options!!!
I always tell my wife cash or gift cards are never bad. I have started collecting knives as well so a good fixed or folding knife is an option.

But for new gear I'd say that depends on what you have already - anything you have that you just want to upgrade? I got a new archery release which has been a big game changer (SpotHogg WiseGuy) for me. $200 can get you a whole set of Black Ovis Merino Base Layers if you are looking at later hunts. So many fun gadgets too - nice solar panel setup - Heather's Choice food - lots of things. :D

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back