Caribou Gear

Christmas Eve, Eve Duck Hunt

Nemont

It was already above freezing when we left town this morning. My son was out of school today for the Start of the Christmas break and has been asking to go duck hunting with me for the last couple of weeks. Got him out today and had a great shoot. It was 45 degrees at noon when we were done.

Here is for Elkgunner. Jess doing his Axl imitation.

PC220500.jpg

PC220499.jpg

PC220498.jpg

PC220497.jpg

PC220492.jpg

Here is my other retriever this morning.
PC220493.jpg

Here the two them are together with a limit of mallards (oops 1 suzie) and a bonus duck.
PC220503.jpg

The days haul.
PC220504.jpg

It was a great day to be out with my son.

Nemont

Very nice. Should have known as soon as I get on an airplane the weather improves drastically. I heard you guys were -6 F when I was driving to Great Falls on Tuesday and had a little chuckle. Guess you are laughing now as I have been stressing with people and drivers for a couple days and all my guns are in MT. :D Good pup pics and good bonus duck. Been seeing any others?

Craig,

There were a ton of ducks working the river today. Two beautiful pintails landed in the decoys and I couldn't do anything but watch them. The wigeon was flying with a flock of mallards and was the only one I saw. Lots of eagles, hawks and owls flying up and down the river also. As usual when we were picking up the decoys the geese came flying over. I had already case my shotgun though.

Nemont

Nemont, Do you not have a Sling on your gun ? We do jsut for that reason :)

Nice ducks. Do you guys not get many Wigeon up there ? Is your Limit 6 there ? Cool picture. Do you throw the Ducks back into the Water to get good pictures like Mtmiller does ? .. ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back