Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Choosing a game camera

Plus the cheaper ones if someone discoverers it and takes it your not as bent, so far with the crew I hunt with , only the memory card has been stolen out of one of your cameras, this was 2 of the pics off that camera , before the thievery

EB55A54A-50A3-4A02-80A3-8EDC734C080D.jpeg
BC6420DE-225A-4CAC-9208-F65728690F4A.jpeg

the closest I cam to losing my 1st camera was last year , My buddy John and I hung it in one of the sweetest Meadows in our archery area and the loggers came in and flattened the place a month and a half after we hung the camera, I actually thought it was gone forever because at the start of archery season they were still Hauling logs out of there in about the middle of the season we ended up in that area and we waded through knee deep brush and debris to where the Meadow used to be and John had actually stood next to the tree and marked the location on OnX, And then we were looking at the ground and there is a small tree with the roots and the loggers had just pushed it over with the harvester and somehow they never drove over it with the giant machine while they were fallen logs and we were able to recover the camera don’t ask me how, We were able to recover all of the pictures off the camera and then I never saved them I regret that , because it actually photographed a loggers cutting down the forest up to the camera and then it just went black, the glass lens was broken over the photo lens and the inside reader is broken and you can’t reset anything but I just went up and hung it three weeks ago and it still takes pictures you just can’t change any of the settings

the meadow before, It was logged and the only pic I saved from the set
CDE288A3-E682-4B4C-B9B7-B7D4B62A0DF7.jpeg

and the meadow in the aftermath when we found the camera
BB599530-C352-40A2-BCA2-9BC10B1C8648.png

and this is one of the 1st pics I pulled off it this year on Sunday after it soaked for 3 weeks , still takes great pics
68D90D7E-52D9-4217-B5CA-685F36CC85B2.jpeg

Plus the cheaper ones if someone discoverers it and takes it your not as bent, so far with the crew I hunt with , only the memory card has been stolen out of one of your cameras, this was 2 of the pics off that camera , before the thievery

View attachment 146935
View attachment 146936

the closest I cam to losing my 1st camera was last year , My buddy John and I hung it in one of the sweetest Meadows in our archery area and the loggers came in and flattened the place a month and a half after we hung the camera, I actually thought it was gone forever because at the start of archery season they were still Hauling logs out of there in about the middle of the season we ended up in that area and we waded through knee deep brush and debris to where the Meadow used to be and John had actually stood next to the tree and marked the location on OnX, And then we were looking at the ground and there is a small tree with the roots and the loggers had just pushed it over with the harvester and somehow they never drove over it with the giant machine while they were fallen logs and we were able to recover the camera don’t ask me how, We were able to recover all of the pictures off the camera and then I never saved them I regret that , because it actually photographed a loggers cutting down the forest up to the camera and then it just went black, the glass lens was broken over the photo lens and the inside reader is broken and you can’t reset anything but I just went up and hung it three weeks ago and it still takes pictures you just can’t change any of the settings

the meadow before, It was logged and the only pic I saved from the set
View attachment 146937

and the meadow in the aftermath when we found the camera
View attachment 146938

and this is one of the 1st pics I pulled off it this year on Sunday after it soaked for 3 weeks , still takes great pics
View attachment 146939
Dude those are awesome! Great story. Which unit are you hunting in? If you need a meat hauler let me know. I’d be happy to help out and connect with other dudes in Oregon.

I got these from cheap cameras off snipergear.net
I have been buying some nicer stealth cams and putting in lock boxes though. Haven’t checked them yet.

FFA333A5-C296-41A0-933E-6BAD2637BA73.jpeg43F77F5E-CD55-4A78-86E0-CA15938BFC7F.jpeg3B6BC14D-1A37-4253-899D-4E6B06C5FA6D.jpeg

I also run cheep cameras. I highly recommend using climbing sticks and get them off the ground. I think its hit or miss on all of them . At the end of the day there all mass produced junk. Ive had just as good of luck with the 28 dollar Walmart cameras. Like someone else said you just want to see whats in the woods. You're know if its a shooter and hopefully you can really check it out after its dead.

I went back and found the old pic of my camera after we pulled it out of the scrap after the loggers buried under tons of wood and crap , You can see that the protective outer glass lens broke but when I took tweezers and pulled all that off the broken glass and the actual glass camera lens that was behind that wasn’t broken and still takes great photos so this camera was definitely put to the test and I would get another one it was a gift from my mom for Christmas 2018 , don’t know the cost .
1AA0741A-1E2D-401D-AA85-A7CAD37E97BB.jpeg
393FD75E-1E07-4D13-85E0-5D8793AA4EDE.jpeg

Used a Cuddeback a couple years but lost the zeal for 'knowing' & gave it to my son. Got tired of that thing gnawing on my curiosity. Good cam. sharp pics, easy to use...I don't miss it. Have a bud who has the remotes linked to his computer..constantly texting or emailing pics of sounders eating corn on his dime.

I use Browning and Stealth cam. Both have been great to me. I will +1 on putting them higher in the tree to minimize thieves from seeing them and bears from chewing on them. I lost 4 of them to bears last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back