Childhood Cancer fund raiser..!!!

I have twin daughters who were born with severe club feet - both feet on both girls. I was just starting out in my career path when they were born, an unplanned pregnancy while I was in college. Another charitable group, Shrine Hospital, took care of everything...weekly casts for the first year and a half, several surgeries, therapy, etc. until the final surgery when they were in high school.

My girls were fortunate - it was heartrending to go into the Shrine Hospital and see the courage of kids with open spines, spina bifada, no hands, or thumbs being made for them from big toes, severe and disfiguring burns, etc. Laughing and playing with each other, despite their problems and often, severe pain. Becky and Candi went through a lot, but we never treated them as handicapped, and their problems were fixed.

There are kids whose problems are not so easily fixed. Suck it up, and go visit a children's ward sometime... money is easily given! You can always earn more.

And you get a tax write-off. There's no excuse not to give, unless you are unable to feed your own kids.

Cali, I agree, the Shrine Hospital is a great Organization too.

There are alot of good organizations. I think people should donate somethng to somewere every year. When I was the president of DHI I had people tell me they weren't gonig to donate becasue other org's were better and did more. I told them that was great to donate to any hunting org and asked how much they have donated or if they had a membership to the other places. So many times it was Ziltch.

I see that in human donations too. Alot of people just don't donate anything to anybody. I'm definately not goingto donate to every organization, but for some good causes I'll always donate a little or what I can at that point.

Kudos to everyone that has Helped Schmalts/childhood cancer fund. Now we need Schmalts to get his beer drinking Arsch in shape ;)

Kudos to everyone that has Helped Schmalts/childhood cancer fund. Now we need Schmalts to get his beer drinking Arsch in shape ;)

No kidding, you see that recommended training schedule?? I think they forgot the beer part out for some reason. Here is the training recommendation..:eek: really not that bad. The last number in each week is the weekly total. For me, i find it better to do more miles, with less days and rest my legs a day between rides or i feel really drained. I will not ride for 3 days before the event to rest up. I have heard others say the same. The bad thing is this is one month away from today, and i got a late start because of crappy spring weather. I hate indoor training.

Easy

Rest

Good luck and thanks for doing it for a worthy cause! I can't imagine how I'd deal with it if my little guy had cancer...

Back