Chicken Tractor

BearFoot

Had some inquiries on the chicken tractor. I made these for the Cornish Cross meat birds.
Tractors are to keep chickens contained and predators out. The tractor can be easily moved, keeping the buzzards on fresh grass each day.
EMT chicken Tractor.jpg

These where built with 1/2" EMT conduit, 11 sticks per tractor.
All joints drilled, 1/4 20 bolts/nuts.
Screen and chicken wire attached by Ty-Raps.
Plastic for shelter, but tarp likely cheaper.
Wood framed doors on each end.
Feeder made with rain gutter.

Conduit was bent 24" stub up height, with bend gain, tractor is 6'-6" wide x 10' long X 24" H.
Lawn mower wheels to lift the back. very light and easy to move.
EMT chicken Tractor frame.jpgEMT chicken Tractor joints.jpgEMT chicken Tractor conection.jpgCornish Cross.jpg
Next year I'll put the water and feed on opposite sides, so they get a bit more of a workout.

58 bird freezer.
chickin in the freezer.JPG

I was thinking about your chicken photos in the other thread yesterday. What do you use to pluck them?

Can you take more photos of your water system? I do pheasants and water is the one thing I don't have quite figured out and have done something similar but doesn't work the best. I'm interested in learning more about what you did and how you like it

I was thinking about your chicken photos in the other thread yesterday. What do you use to pluck them?
Took them to a local(12min away) processor. Picked up 5 hours later. Butcher buddy came over and we chopped and vac packed, wings, thighs, legs, breast.
The processor had a drum wheel with rubber fingers. An open motor & belt spun the thing. Seems they hold each bird and work it across the drum.

Can you take more photos of your water system? I do pheasants and water is the one thing I don't have quite figured out and have done something similar but doesn't work the best. I'm interested in learning more about what you did and how you like it
Dark out right now, but I used "chicken water cups" search that for images. I had a five gallon bucket, with a 1/2" poly line supplying pvc manifold to water cups.
chicken water cups.jpg
Filled it with a garden hose twice a day.
30 birds each tractor.

Dark out right now, but I used "chicken water cups" search that for images. I had a five gallon bucket, with a 1/2" poly line supplying pvc manifold to water cups.
View attachment 285740
Filled it with a garden hose twice a day.
30 birds each tractor.

These are what I use in my coop and in both of my tractors. I use the 3/4" ones. Same deal though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back