Chicago Brown Trout

Gunner46

I saw a video about fishing in Chicago for winter Browns in the lake. They caught some pretty impressive fish. My son has been accepted to DePaul and I'm trying to find a reason to visit when it's do d@mn cold and leave the relative mild south.

Anybody got info, or a Capt's name?

I remember seeing a show where they were catching some hogs in some of the marinas on one of the Great Lakes, but I don't remember which one. It was fall or winter. Sorry, that's all I got.

Gunner, working on getting you some information.

might want to go to this site and check around there.

http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/

should be able to find what you are looking for. at the very least, you can get fishing reports.

winter in chicago??? watch snow pile up, go watch the Hawks or bulls, watch snow pile up, go to the museums, watch snow pile up, go to Lawry's for some of the best prime rib anywhere, watch snow pile up..........

i was recently doing a little research on this exact topic. I have to go to Chicago the first week of May for work and as always looking to incorporate a little OYOA. I wonder if there will be any rainbows spawning out of the lakes at that time of year?

I'm all ears if anyone has any pointers for this time of year.

I finally tracked down a link to the show and I missed the City by a mile, ot two. It was Milwaukee.

Sounds like you figured out that the Brown trout were no in Chicago and congrats to your son for being accepted to DePaul University. When you go visit him make sure you hit Geno's East for some Pizza Pie and Gibsons for a steak and some Lobster bisque, you wont regret either choice.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back