Yeti GOBOX Collection

Kingston Reservoir, NV

DustyNV

My sons and I ended up at Kingston Reservoir over the laborer weekend. We didn’t plan on going there, but that’s where we ended up. It’s a small Reservoir normally, but with no rainy season this year or much of a winter you can almost throw a rock across it now. The fishing was good though and the trout that came from the cold water was tasty. Some bright color spinners were working, but mostly anything copper in color was best. We saw deer in the morning and afternoon. The campground was small and cozy. Set up for tents or a small travel trailer. Wild choke cherries and elderberries grew in the campground. The closest place for any kind of store is Carvers. They also have a sub sandwich shop inside. It’s about 40 miles away. Round mountain has a general store and is about 50 miles away to the south also. They open at 9 AM, but senior shopping hour is from 9-10. They will not let you in the store even if your the only person there. So if your ever on Hwy 376 between Austin and Tonopah stop in Kingston.
Here is a short video of the lake and campground.

Last edited:
Congrats on a great trip with your sons. (y)
That's some really nice country there. I haven't been there in about 30 years and it looks like the little campground hasn't changed much.
When we were there my son was about 4 or 5 years old and he had a blast playing in the creek. Kingston creek was running quite a bit more at the time. We also caught some frisky little rainbows from the creek which was a lot of fun.

I like that country. Would love to go back someday. Hunted the Toiyabe Range in the mid-80's. Had a CLOSE cougar encounter up Jett Canyon.
We started out in the Toiyabe range before we came here, but with this dry year there wasn’t much water. Glad I could bring back some memories for you.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back