Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cheyenne St Baldricks 2019

WyoDoug

Thanks Randy for allowing me to post this fundraiser.

I have been associated with St Baldricks Foundation since 2008 raising funds for childhood cancer research grants and fellowships. Our main event is September 28, 2019 at Cheyenne Elks Lodge 660 and will involved the Governor of Wyoming and the Mayor of Cheyenne as guest speakers. All funds raised goes to St Baldricks Foundation which disperses over 76% of donations to actual programs (grants and fellowships) related to childhood cancer research. Only a small amount goes to overhead and fundraising costs.

This is dear to me as I personally witnessed my niece gaining her wings as a result of losing her battle with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. At the time, kids all received the same treatment for their cancers as adults did for theirs and at the same dosages. Now thanks to St Baldricks funding research, most kids will survive childhood leukemias if caught early. Not so positive outlook for those with DIPG (a nearly always fatal brain-stem cancer), lymphomas, or Ewings Sarcoma. Watching my niece pass away in her dad's hands was the hardest thing to witness and to this day, the effects of that bothers me much in the same way combat veterans get PTSB.

Please sponsor me by donating to the bounty on my head. I will be going bald and if I achieve my goal in fundraising, I will also shed my facial hair to stand in solidarity with kids with cancer and raise funds for childhood cancer research grants and fellowships. Donate at: https://stbaldricks.org/participants/DougMewis2019

For event info: https://stbaldricks.org/Events/Cheyenne2019 and this is the fifth event I signed up as a lead organizer and it's a quite an honor to advocate for kids. Below is my current mug shot. I will post the bald one after the event is over. Thanks for your supports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back