checked my trail camera Monday. Only 24 days!!!

Matt Foley

In mid June, I put a trail camera out , in a very remote area and finally got out to check it on Monday. I am very encouraged! I had over 1400 images and about 2/3 where of animals. Here are some of the highlights.
STC_0929.jpgSTC_1191.jpgSTC_1273.jpgSTC_1284.jpgSTC_0107.jpgSTC_0109.jpgSTC_0172.jpgSTC_0209.jpgSTC_0261.jpgSTC_0277.jpgSTC_0298.jpgSTC_0349.jpgSTC_0357.jpgSTC_0359.jpgSTC_0378.jpgSTC_0598.jpgSTC_0952.jpg

Now this is the one that really got me excited. I saw this bull, from a distance, last season and could tell he was big but wasn't sure how big. Notice that the date on these pics is only July 7th! The question I have is, how much more will this guy grow?
STC_0285.jpgSTC_0286.jpgSTC_0288.jpg
I can't wait!

Mediocre spot...good plan 'B', maybe. :rolleyes:

Very cool, thanks for getting me wound up today....
Hope to see the answer to 'how big' in a month or so.

Awesome pics! Is that at a pinch point on a game trail? That's a great bull!

My findings is that by july 7th, most all the growth is done when it comes to deer anyway. I cannot comment on elk but he looks pretty finished out.

That bull is a Stud! The fronts and thirds on that thing are massive! Hopefully the next photo is in about six weeks with you sitting next to him!

Awesome pics! Is that at a pinch point on a game trail? That's a great bull!
It is actually a wallow. The hill sluffed off and water bubbles out and fills all the footprints, making a sloppy, muddy mess. I found it at the end of last season and it was the most stinky wallow I have ever found. I have been dreaming of it ever sense. I actually fell into the mud, last year, while trying to walk across. I stunk so bad that my wife made me strip to the buff, in the garage, before I could come in and shower.

It is actually a wallow. The hill sluffed off and water bubbles out and fills all the footprints, making a sloppy, muddy mess. I found it at the end of last season and it was the most stinky wallow I have ever found. I have been dreaming of it ever sense. I actually fell into the mud, last year, while trying to walk across. I stunk so bad that my wife made me strip to the buff, in the garage, before I could come in and shower.

Awesome, Waiting for afters for sure! Awesome Animals!

He looks finished. From my experience elk shed velvet around August 15, I think growth on him from the last pic will be insignificant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back