Chargemaster lite issues

fattybinz

Had the chargemaster lite for a few months and I have been loving it. Worked great during that time, but lately the scale has been measuring .1 gr too high. I have a check-weight set and no matter what combinations of check-weights I use, always .1 high. I've confirmed that the check-weights are correct using my backup Frankford Arsenal scale. Seems backwards that the cheaper FA scale it dead on and I can't get the chargemaster light to get in line with the checkiweights. The first time it happened I calibrated a few times using the two 50 gram weights that come with the unit. After 4-5 calibrations, it started measuring correctly again. Since then, it doesn't matter how many times I calibrate...it is still .1 gr high.

The chargemaster is perfectly level according to the bubble level. I let it warm up for a few hours before use. It is in a room temperature room, in the same place I've always used it. Light in the room is from normal incandescent bulbs. Phone is not nearby. Wiped the units down with a dryer sheet.

Any ideas?

I've got one electric scale somewhere. I remember first time I got it out the paper work claimed it was accurate to +/- .1 grs. Everything I have ever seen about any scale say's the same thing. I don't let .1 grs bother me at all. Loading my handgun's with fast powder bothered me at first but I simply stay low on powder and don't worry about it. Been a whole lot of years since I loaded a max load of any handgun or shotgun powder. On the other hand, going over max in a rifle doesn't bother me much at all! You could drive yourself crazy trying to get your scale exactly on, .1 gr is nothing

Have you called RCBS tech service?

I would also try a different outlet - I have one outlet in my loading room that causes problems for no obvious reason (the other 2 are just fine).

What kind of lights are in your reloading room? Has your cell phone been in the room when this happens? Is it a battery operated or plugged into wall power? These are all things that can mess with or affect sensitivity of the scale

How does a cellphone affect a scale reading? Just wondering because I have a chargemaster lite and am always listening to music on my phone when I do my reloads :oops:

I’m not sure how it affects it but do a google search there’s guys out there that claim they do.

How does a cellphone affect a scale reading? Just wondering because I have a chargemaster lite and am always listening to music on my phone when I do my reloads :oops:
It seems hit or miss. I have had no problem with iPhone sending music over Bluetooth to wireless speaker, but of the 3 outlets in my work bench/loading bench area 2 work fine and 1 causes random errors. It’s a bit of electronic voodoo, maybe OP needs to kill a chicken?

I have a Hornady auto charger. I'm pretty serious about keeping cell phones away while in use because I remember getting a significant amount of drift with a smaller electronic scale when I had my cell phone in my pocket. Seems to do something.

As far as the OP goes, RCBS is a very solid company. I bet a call to their tech support would go a long way at clearing up the issue.

This group contains charge weights ranging from 48gr to 52gr. Don’t worry about .1gr.

Attachments

• CF5EB3FD-035F-4678-BC35-2954D57A2D10.jpeg
    CF5EB3FD-035F-4678-BC35-2954D57A2D10.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Is the scale reading .1gr higher at rest or the load it’s throwing going .1gr higher?
If the latter try the straw trick in the dispensing tube. I have an insert in the one I use that my brother made that works awesome.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back