Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Changes to Big Horn National Forest Regulations

I have an elk tag in the big horns this year. Went up the third week of June and last weekend. There were the same campers in the same spots both times. Seems like a bold statement to say hunters setting up camps are the problem. Im sure the enforcement side of the forest service is stretched thin, but extending the 14 day stay limit seems like kickin the can down the road.

Pretty common for folks to set camps before the season and stay all season long, all over the state.

Pretty common for folks to set camps before the season and stay all season long, all over the state.
Yup like me, except I am no longer having to camp in NF or BLM areas. Especially for elk and bear I like to camp right before season for scouting and then hunt entire season or until I tag out.

I know what I mean in my head when I think of something, getting that point across in writing is a challenge for me most of the time.

In my opinion and my opinion only,I hardly see how extending the 14 day stay limit will reduce conflict. Won’t it just drag the problem out over the summer? People want to go scream around the mountain on their side by sides during Labor Day, so to get their spot they set up in July. Hunters want to hunt Labor Day so they set up camp in June to get ahead of others. I wish I could think people wouldn’t be that self centered but, I think we can all agree that’s not the case. Before long there will be a shitbox camper left at every pull all year just to claim a spot for a couple weeks out of the year.

I don’t know maybe I’m just being to cynical.

I know what I mean in my head when I think of something, getting that point across in writing is a challenge for me most of the time.

In my opinion and my opinion only,I hardly see how extending the 14 day stay limit will reduce conflict. Won’t it just drag the problem out over the summer? People want to go scream around the mountain on their side by sides during Labor Day, so to get their spot they set up in July. Hunters want to hunt Labor Day so they set up camp in June to get ahead of others. I wish I could think people wouldn’t be that self centered but, I think we can all agree that’s not the case. Before long there will be a shitbox camper left at every pull all year just to claim a spot for a couple weeks out of the year.

I don’t know maybe I’m just being to cynical.
I agree with you here. When I posted that original post, my thoughts were that the USFS seemed to be pointing the finger at hunters and giving priority to weekend campers.

Reactions: ZBB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back