Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

CHANGE in plan........

Moosie

Grand poopa
DS is planning to head to LA on Sunday Morning. SO, We're bumping up the Cajan fest Friday night, and going into town on SAT night for dinner.....

WHAT does this change ?!?!?!

NO. BUT TELL ol' bob !!!!!!!

[email protected] is his new ADDY

is that suposed to be La and not LA ? I mix those two up ;)

ALSO, miht be another change... If DS is bugging out, I have no ride to the brushy hill ranch. (ANd how is Indy and JL gettingto the airport ?!?!

The first night I'm sleeping with Cali.. ;) then riding to the ranch with him or DS... THEN ME and Kraven are doing switcheroo and He's gonig to jump in with Cali for the ride back to the Airport on SUN, And I'm going with Delw to the ranch. I haven't confirmed this with Delw, but I'm hoping this will work out... THEN Tues I can catch a ride back to San Antonio with him.... Othrwise, I might just rent a Truck at the airport and do my own thing

We'll figure something out, Maybe
I'll make sure I bring the Visa so NO-ONEs Stranded :eek: :eek: ;)

I'm still not sure if I need to rent a car or not. Tom has offered to pick me up at the airport, but I think he's also thought about going to the ranch Thursday night. Also, Kraven and I will need to get back to the airport Sunday afternoon. Tom is going tohave a whole bunch ofmeat to take to the processor, I think, on Sunday plus he's heading to the pig ranch, too.

I'm sooooo confused! ;)

Hey Cali if need be we can just rent a car,it dont matter to me.We can split the cost.This way Tom doesnt have to run all over the place and he can relax alittle. ;)

I think you're right, Kraven. I'll go ahead and make a reservation...it'll give me something to do while waiting for your flight. :D Then we don't have to worry about it, and can relax, too.

Ingram meat processor is on the way back to San Antonio if you guys want me to take you to the airport sunday. I figure the sunday night hunters at the hog ranch can be scouts for me on monday when I hunt, i.e. if they don't shoot them all sunday night. :D I'll commit to take you guys where you need to go. This is costing me little compared to you, so I'd be happy to take you both ways, I'll probably take Moosie on monday too, if he wants. I don't have to be there thursday night, if you don't want to go then and there's not room in another car. The most dead rams I've heard of in one truck is 18. If everybody wanted sausage, we could set a new record putting them in one truck and taking them to Ingram meat processing. That's a possibility with 22 of us hunting!! We can keep them in the cooler friday and saturday at the ranch, then take them for meat. Those that want a shoulder mount, we can take those to Pickaleo's in Camp Wood near the ram ranch and save the meat to go to Ingram.

I think Gilamonster's wall tent is a great backup for rain. We probably won't need it if its a pain to bring. But, if it rains, it would be great as the camp doesn't have much shelter from the rain for a big group like we'll have except to croud into the two cabins.
:D

Tom - do you think the snakes will be out? I ask since I've been there before and know the rocky terrain...in January last year, we didn't worry about them. I want to know before I plan on climbing on hands and knees. ;)

Casa Falcon Restaurant is open until 9pm so I told them we would try to get there at 8pm, especially since they are closed on Easter sunday, the next morning. They expect 20-30 of us saturday night.

They'll have a buffet with probably chicken fajitas, which are great, enchilladas, meat loaf or hamburger steaks, vegetables, like rice, corn, beans or peas, Iced tea and some kind of salad and desert too.

Its about 12-15 miles from the ram ranch. Hunting clothes in restaurants are common around here.

There were a ton of them when Moosie and I were there. More Corsicans and Texas Dalls than anything else, at least that time. A few Rambo, Black Hawaiian, and Four Horns were mixed in. Some were fairly tame, but others were pretty wild. A very good selection, actually. I believe Thompson brings more in every couple weeks or so.

I think the Cajun Feast is gonna' be one of the highlights on the hunt!
Man, I like that stuff!
Hey you guys will know if there is a rattlesnake anywhere around, bucause I'm a fuggi'n magnet for them and I really, really, really hate the buggers!

Gilamonster, The ram population is great! Ca Hunter described it well. The New Zealand mountain goats and Rambo rams are the big ones, but any 4 horn is probably good (they only need to be 70 for ROE and get 4 horns to score it). Yes, he stocks the ranch every couple of weeks with more animals. He maintains really consistent and good quality because he's been doing this 25-30 years and has a good system set up there.

I'm worried about saturday night. We won't make it to dinner in town. They close at 9pm, we rely on Thompson to get 22 hunters out of the ranch, animals gutted, loaded and back to camp. Its going to be really hard I bet. I have a call into him to see if its feasible. We might have to come up with another plan there, like lunch in town? Between the morning hunt and the afternoon hunt, a big buffet meal? What do you all think?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back