Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cerakote

WyOpitz

Looking at getting my Remington 700 cerakoted, I have a spiral fluted bolt and a straight fluted barrel. I plan to have the bolt flutes cerakoted in contrasting colors. I would also like it to have the cerakote microslick for the bolt.

Any recommendations for a good applicator?

Post up your cerakoted rifle!

Eddie Fosnaugh

Depending on the color you choose for the bolt/raceway, it could be plenty slick. The grays typically have metal flakes in them and therefore are not smooth. Something I wish I had known before I had a rifle coated in Cerakote Tungsten.

My rifle that is black however is slicker than snot.

I do remember seeing your rifle in another post, I never would have thought to go purple but it looks pretty awesome. Being a Vikings fan it would fit me well!

Custom Gun Coatings in Kansas City did my son's 6.5 Creedmoor, based on that gun I can recommend him. The Micro Slick on the bolt is nice on my son's rifle. https://www.facebook.com/CustomGunCoatings
IMG_7730z.jpg
I had a couple done at Renegade Resistance in Spokane, WA. They look okay if you don't get too close, but I would recommend anyone anywhere in the world over them, to say they are slow would be the biggest understatement I could make.
IMG_9936a.jpg
IMG_9963-1.jpg

lope13wyo065_zps16ea25f9.jpg

Kampfield Customs in Idaho do good work.

http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/boltfluting0914_004.htm

Nice! Kampfeld did my bolt fluting and skeletonization on my Creedmoor, he does awesome work with one hell of a turn around time! Very quick. I might have to send it back to him and have him finish it off. Debating whether to have contrasting flutes or not, not sure it is worth the extra cost.

I've got another question for you guys. I'm going to cerakote my Talley rings, did any of you coat the interior part that holds the scope? I've read a bunch of contradicting info saying not to or some say no problem and also some will lap the rings after cerakoting. Any opinions?

What about the feed ramp? Leave polished or cerakote?

TIA!!

if you are going with graphite black I wouldn't worry about coating them as it is a good match (see my pictures). If you do coat them dont coat the inside as it should be lapped...or just coat and lap as it may be easier than taping it off.

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought about coating and then lapping but was worried about chipping later on. I think I'll just tape them off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back