Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cell phone adapters for spotting scopes

Anyone have experience with a good system for the iPhone 14 pro? I have the phone skope and it doesn’t work well at all.

I’m well over due for a phone upgrade and spotter upgrade is in the list. No sense in swapping out phonescope now, even though I’d gladly pitch it in the trash.
Bought mine two years ago...couldn't figure why everyone thought it was the Cats meow. Expensive piece of plastic.

I'm replacing my phone in a couple days, then will probably go with magview for the reasons listed above. I like not needing a different case for my phone.

I have one... Somewhere in the abyss of hunt bins, that adjusts to the various phone, case, and camera position. Don't know the name... works good. Has a spring based grip to adjust for most any size phone /phone case. My phone survives due to my OtterBox case. Though it makes my phone wide... Haha!
Then two finger screws to adjust the placement of the camera attachment. I'll dig it out and find the name.

Helpful? Hah! The ole adage, "you get what you pay for" goes a long way.

Or, back in 2015 I posted a thread on crafting your own "phone scope"... Again, you get what you pay for. Having to swap a case for sake of scope pics makes the purchase of $XXX well worth the dinero.

1693401541804.png

1693401597710.png

1693401646410.png

This is the unit mentioned in my initial post.
Key factor, I can continue my hunt with the comfort knowing my OtterBox Defender case stays on the entire time.
No additional magnetic lens cover pieces, no repurchase of another "snap case" due to replacing my phone with a newer model...

There's Gucci Sitka, then there's pop's pic wearing red suspenders, rolled up Paul Bunyon sleeves, Wrangler jeans, and construction boots.

This is somewhere between the two.

Screenshot_20230901-064328-962.png

I have the novagrade double gripper..probably could just got the single...had it for couple years...works with my S20 plus and lifeproof case and it works with my sons iPhone and whatever case he has. Just have to adjust the "stopper". No special case, no magnets ect...I just run what brung...one less thing to worry about. Took my profile pic with it across a canyon with my 65mm spotter.

Has anyone tried digiscoping with an iPhone 13 Pro Max? I was just holding mine in front of the spotting scope, but it would overexpose so bad it was pure white. I never had this issue with my old phone. Would an adapter like ollin fix the issue?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back